Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye Bails on Kevin Johnson, JD Chapman Now in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye Bails on Kevin Johnson, JD Chapman Now in?

BoxingScene.com was informed by promoter Joe DeGuardia that David Haye (21-1, 20KOs) may have bailed on the potential fight with undefeated heavyweight prospect Kevin "Kingpin" Johnson (27-0-1, 7KOs). Last week, Haye's reps contacted DeGuardia and began negotiating for Johnson to meet the former cruiserweight champ on November 15 at the O2 Arena in London. [details]

Haye looks very silly now with the big game he was talking,

Haye is all talk, i knew it from the start,

Comment

Disappointing.

Comment

Isnt Kevin Johnson that heavyweight who COULD knock you out, but instead uses the safe rout and jabs you to the win ?

if he is, that's probably why Haye doesn't want to stay any chances.

Comment

Wasn't he the one saying he was gonna fight a top-10 heavyweight? Hay should just go nack to 200 and stop being such a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryherbert View Post
            Haye looks very silly now with the big game he was talking,

Haye is all talk, i knew it from the start,
            Yea, he's "all talk". Tell that to the cruiserweight division, smartass.

Comment

I dont believe he's afraid of Kevin Johnson. C'mon now a guy with 7 KO's in what like 22 fights against nobody's? I know Kingpin is a good contender and has the ability to get a title shot one day but c'mon a undisputed cruiserweight champ afraid of a up an coming fighter? That can't be the reason. Any of the mentioned names are good with me but Golota, Toney and Rahman would be bad and boring fights. Chambers, Barrett, Johnson and even JD are good to me. If anyone should knock the hell out of JD and let him know what his record is, it should be Haye. Wassup with American TV and this fight?

Comment

haye should be fighting someone like Meehan or Dimitrenko to get him ready for Klitschko. Those 2 are the closest in size and fighting style to wlad that there is in the hw division right now and Haye would be well prepared for wlad if he beat 1 of those 2.

Comment

Chapman has knockout power, I don't know where all the hates coming from. Never seen chapman fight before but it actually looks like a tough fight in my opinion for hayes first fight at heavy. He has my respect atleast, maybe not everyone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea View Post
                    Yea, he's "all talk". Tell that to the cruiserweight division, smartass.
                    cruiserweight division is full of bums, beating Macca doesnt impress me or shot Mormeck, what about getting stopped by 41 carl thompson or getting rocked by light-heavyweight journeyman Lolenga Mock who isnt even a puncher at lhw

or maybe avoiding the best fighter in the division steve cunningham to fight Macca

all this talk of a "top 10 heavyweight", then he picks a feather fisted fighter like Johnson who couldnt crack an egg, now it looks like he has pulled out on him to fight some nobody with an extemely padded record

he talked a great game moving up to heavyweight, saying how they are all out of shape bums,

Rahman,Maskaev,Golota,Toney were all out there to fight and Haye didnt want to fight them,

maybe if he had kept his big mouth shut he wouldnt look so foolish now,

i guess you are one of the idiots who think he can beat Wlad, smartass

Comment

Working...
                    X