No announcement yet.

New rule for MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rule for MMA

I think there should be a standing eight count in MMA. This would virtualy end controversy for quick match stoppages. It would give the ref sometime to look at the fighter and then determine if the match should end. and if the fighter can continue we all get to see more fighting in a match that otherwise might have been stoped to early. this gives the fighter taking the beating to show he is not done and can continue rather than just stopping the fight because he is inactive.

Works for me.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. Could be good.

Comment

Good, better than an inutile stoppage...

Comment

What happens if a fighter is beating the crap out of the other guy, so the ref stops it for the standing 8 count, lets the fight continue and the guy who got the count some how pulls of a victory, it kinda screws the guy who was winning in the first place.....

Comment

[quote:521f931c2c="kaps"]What happens if a fighter is beating the crap out of the other guy, so the ref stops it for the standing 8 count, lets the fight continue and the guy who got the count some how pulls of a victory, it kinda screws the guy who was winning in the first place.....[/quote:521f931c2c]I am by no means a Tito fan, but that happened to Tito in his first fight against Mezger. Tito definitely got screwed when McCarthy temporarily stopped the fight to check Guy's bleeding, then Guy went on to guillotine Tito.

Comment

Just like in boxing well thats the way it is. Its better than a guy who loses a fight because of a quick stoppage. the fighter loses the fans lose ect. He still gets a 10-8 round decision and has to fight another round the same way in boxing. It makes no sense not to have a standing eight its fair. If a fighter is ok to go it goes on if not the ref can stop it after the count or before he finishes. It would make the refs job easier aswell

Comment

Its the fighters resposibility not to get caught in a sub. Ask the same fighter who has to give his apponent a standing eight if he would appreciate some over zellus ref stopping the fight early on him.

Comment

Both valid points, but if a ref jumped in and saved a guy I was about to finish and he came back to beat me I would be pissed.....

Comment

YOU WOULD BE PISSED IF A REF STOPPED A FIGHT ON YOU TOEARLY AFTER YOU HAVE DOMINATED FOR THREE ROUNDS AS WELL

Comment

Working...
                    X