What is talent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is talent?

What actually is it?

Probably a daft question but what would you say talent actually is?

For example, hundreds of kids from like the age of 5 or 6 will start playing football(soccer). They'll continue on in academies and such till the age of 16-18 trying to improve every day and make it as a professional. Only a very select few out of so many thousands will actually make it as a professional, even though most of them have been practicing and training for nearly their whole life.

I imagine it's the same for a sport such as Basketball. You'll have academies etc where kids from young ages will start but only a select few will ever make it out as a pro.

I know there's many different reasons why only a few make it but what about the talent side of it?

Did they have the talent but not the other stuff needed or did they just simply not have the talent even though they've practiced their whole life to try and be good enough.

I know i've made a mess of trying to explain what i mean but tbh i don't think i know what i mean myself.

Simply put, what is talent?

this question reminds me of wilfredo benitez, roberto duran and james toney...

Comment

What is talent?

A brunette with a small ass and a massive rack of **** that can put her closed fist into her mouth without gagging, now that's talent

Comment

I'd say talent is the natural ability you're born with.

You need a combination of talent and application in order to utilize the talent properly.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
          I'd say talent is the natural ability you're born with.

You need a combination of talent and application in order to utilize the talent properly.
          This.

Talent is genetic. Things like fast twitch muscles, and coordination are natural and cannot be learned (though they can be improved). Good genes mixed with dedication, and circumstances (i could have all the genes to be the greatest baseball player of all time but i have never played it in my life) make great athletes.

Comment

talent is what you bring with you the first time you step on a field / walk into the door

it's the ability that you are born with.

in boxing you've got chin, speed, and power. you're basically born with them. you develop them and bring them out because they won't get you anywhere without the work, but the building blocks are there.

Comment

.....too long
              Last edited by Roy Jones Jnr; 01-04-2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

A genetic gift as a result of random chance.

Comment

Talent in sports =some are just naturally more athletic then others,more speed,better balance,better coordination...some work hard then others and excel cause they learn the fundamentals,but will never have that natural athletic gift those others have...but nothing is worse then wasted talent..and talent alone can only take you so far

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    This.

Talent is genetic. Things like fast twitch muscles, and coordination are natural and cannot be learned (though they can be improved). Good genes mixed with dedication, and circumstances (i could have all the genes to be the greatest baseball player of all time but i have never played it in my life) make great athletes.
                    Well not necessarily. Can you not learn a talent? Some kids have natural talent, some learn it through hard work and effort.

It's a good question and one that has many answers but I personally think talent at it's most basic level is something that you are born with or gifted with. You can also have talent that is learned, it's the reason kids turn out to be what their father has done his entire life.

For example, if your father was a carpenter, then chances are you might be one as well. Even though you might not have the natural propensity to do it but you take many years to learn the craft.

Some children are natural at certain things, like athletics or academics.

Someone like Mayweather for example is a natural athlete in boxing. Someone like Marquez isn't so much but has crafted his talent over the years to get where he is now.

Comment

Working...
                    X