No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Pacquiao Needs a KO To Secure His Top Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Manny needs to weight cheat and sucker punch a 40 year old lightweight to get a win?
    You just captured what Floyd did in his last 3 fights at WW with just one sentence!

Marquez vs Floyd = Weight cheat by Floyd who came in above the intially contracted weight

Ortiz vs Floyd = Sucker Punch win by Floyd

Mosley vs Floyd = OLD Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      Give it a rest . Marquez knows Pacquiao better than he knows his own kids. If Pac chases a KO we could witness a true masterpiece of a boxing lesson from JMM.
      I think that's exactly what's going to happen, every time they fight Marquez does a little bit better and he knows that this time it's Pac who will be going in feeling like he's the one with something to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        You just captured what Floyd did in his last 3 fights at WW with just one sentence!

Marquez vs Floyd = Weight cheat by Floyd who came in above the intially contracted weight

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

YAWN!!!!!!!!

On a more sensible note - Freddie needs to give this kind of nonsense up as bad job. Everytime Manny fights we hear about "the best camp ever" "we are going for the knockout" "manny has never looked better" blah blah blah blah
          Don't know what makes people think that an older, slower, less powerful & lower stamina version of Pac knocks out Marquez when neither he nor anyone else has been able to do it before. His only hope of a knockout is if time has caught up bad with JMM. Doubtful though.

Comment

JMM is Pacs kryptonite so we shouldnt expect Pac to ko JMM. JMM knows he has to fight Pac in a manner in which Pac cant ko him, or at least Pacs chances to ko him are reduced.

Comment

Why does Roach keep coming out with these stupid comments?If Manny can win a clear decision against a tough opponent like Marquez then they should be happy but now people will say that they predicted a ko so they must be disappointed!
              I think the fight will go the distance but at this stage Manny has the same chance of hitting the canvas as Marquez

Comment

Well to be fair, I think it was Manny that suggested to Freddie that they need a knockout this fight, rather than the other way around. And by Roach agreeing, I think it's because he knows that getting a wide decision on Marquez in Pacquiao's favor is going to be nearly impossible....Marquez is just too good. Plus, I think Freddie is worried about the judges being extra critical of Manny after the controversial decision of their last fight.

IMO, I don't think Manny necessarily NEEDS a KO over Marquez. He could win a decision if the fight is clearly one-sided (highly unlikely). If it's close and it goes to the judges, I can see the judges giving it to Marquez this time. So I can understand why both Manny and Roach are looking for the KO.

Comment

if marquez gets knocked out how will that effect his book sales?

Comment

Pac hasnt been p4p king in a while.

Comment

Why would that make him#1?

Comment

Working...
                      X