No announcement yet.

unforgiveable blackness : the rise and fall of Jack Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unforgiveable blackness : the rise and fall of Jack Johnson

did anyone else watch this on PBS? Not sure if they played it nation wide or if it was just a local thing...

anyway I thought it was great. I wish I'd recorded it!! I'm a huge boxing history buff but I didn't know much at all about Jack Johnson. Great story!!

Yea I watched it....great documentary. Really got all the details about the man and the fighter. Had some great pictures and movies.

Comment

do you know if there gonna play it again though? I missed the first night of it

Comment

Originally posted by roXy graziano
        i don't think so but here is the link to pbs you can purchase the dvd of the show.....http://www.shoppbs.org/family/index....goryId=1907699

Comment

Very interesting documentary. They had photos and film I didn't even know existed, and I have been reading about Johnson for years now.

Comment

i'm ignorant about jack jonson and i saw it. and i loved it. i can't believe such a guy existed. most of history is exaggerated, but since live video existed it was cool seeing how he dominated a lot of the heavyweights and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by roXy graziano
              Roxy, they showed it agian last night and I'm sure they will show it a few more times. I thought it was outstanding. I have tremendous reapect for Johnson. The man overcame and acomplished so much.

Comment

Yes, I was invited to a showing of the film in New York. Ken Burns & Bert Sugar were both their. They had questions after and everyone enjoyed it a lot.

Comment

It was a great documentary.Jack didn't die that far from where I live at either.

Comment

Working...
                  X