No announcement yet.

The best and worst nicknames.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best and worst nicknames.

I think "Smokin'" Joe Fraizer is an excellent nickname.
    The worst has to be "Fast" Eddie Chambers, don't know why I just despise it.

Anthony "Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr" Small is probably the worst nickname by far, but yea I agree "fast" isn't the best of names lol.

Don't really have a favourite nick name.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Anthony "Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr" Small is probably the worst nickname by far, but yea I agree "fast" isn't the best of names lol.

Don't really have a favourite nick name.
      Who's idea was that nickname lol, they should be executed.

Comment

I think 'Fast' Eddie is a take on 'Fast' Eddie Felson, a movie character played by Paul Newman in The Hustler. 'Fast' Eddie was a pool hustler. So I think the meaning of the name is a little deeper than you may think. I think it means that the 'opponent' may think he can beat me, but in the end I will out slick you, out fight you, and ultimately, out 'hustle' you. In the end, I will be victorious. Just my opinion. Any rebuttle?

Comment

Originally posted by Dapperdon70 View Post
          I think 'Fast' Eddie is a take on 'Fast' Eddie Felson, a movie character played by Paul Newman in The Hustler. 'Fast' Eddie was a pool hustler. So I think the meaning of the name is a little deeper than you may think. I think it means that the 'opponent' may think he can beat me, but in the end I will out slick you, out fight you, and ultimately, out 'hustle' you. In the end, I will be victorious. Just my opinion. Any rebuttle?
          cool post, bro

Comment

George Carpentier was called 'The Orchid Man'! Yuk

Comment

"Iron" Mike Tyson, "Sugar" Ray Robinson, Gabriel "Flash" Elorde, , Masahiko "Fighting" Harada, James "Bonecrusher" Smith, Bobby "Schoolboy" Chacon, The Easton Assassin, The Brockton Blockbuster, Kid Chocolate

Comment

Worst was Sam "Boston Tar Baby" Langford. Seriously? Why not just call him Sam "The Punching N_gger" Langford? That would be practically just as politically correct.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  Worst was Sam "Boston Tar Baby" Langford. Seriously? Why not just call him Sam "The Punching N_gger" Langford? That would be practically just as politically correct.
                  He also went under Boston Terror or Bonecrusher which is actually pretty cool as far as some names go.

Comment

Hispanic Causing Panic is one I always liked. Ding a Ling Man is just ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                    X