No announcement yet.

How Would Hamed vs. Marquez Have Gone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Pull ma Finga- View Post
    That's because he never faced anyone in the same league as Marquez. (except for Barrera and we all saw what happened) Hamed was always easily made to loose his cool when he fought and Marquez would have taken advantage of that by making him over commit and lounge in with his punches to set him up with big counter punches. We've seen this with the Pacquiao fights and Hammed was no different.
    Barrera never hurt Naz,

by the time they fought Naz stopped taking boxing seriously, which was evident in the documentary highlighting the training for the fight , his hands were shot, he cudnt even do his flip over the ropes ring entrance anymore, the guy became a diva, more concerned with his hair and the skin of the boxing gloves, parted ways with his trainer, he lost the plot and i wasnt shocked he lost.

but lets not get it twisted the guy had zero defense and his chin was strong as they come, power was 100% lethal, reflexes from a different planet, amazing athlete, shud have stepped up when he was hungry.

JMM wud have got knocked out or knocked down a number of times, he always tastes the canvas when he gets hit hard. Naz had balance issues, but the kids chin is one of the strongest ive seen

Comment

Marquez would have won a clear decision. At that time MArquez wasn't as aggressive and was more of a patient boxer cause he had his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Barrera never hurt Naz,

by the time they fought Naz stopped taking boxing seriously, which was evident in the documentary highlighting the training for the fight , his hands were shot, he cudnt even do his flip over the ropes ring entrance anymore, the guy became a diva, more concerned with his hair and the skin of the boxing gloves, parted ways with his trainer, he lost the plot and i wasnt shocked he lost.

but lets not get it twisted the guy had zero defense and his chin was strong as they come, power was 100% lethal, reflexes from a different planet, amazing athlete, shud have stepped up when he was hungry.

JMM wud have got knocked out or knocked down a number of times, he always tastes the canvas when he gets hit hard. Naz had balance issues, but the kids chin is one of the strongest ive seen
        Haha at Marquez getting knocked out. He may get knocked down from time to time that don't mean you going to knock him out. What I do know is that Naz always had a tough time dealing with boxers, even when he fought that Kelly guy he was made to settle down and stop being so wildly. And when you get Naz to settle down he only relies on trowing one or two punches at a time. Trowing one or two punches at a time won't win you a fight specially with a superb boxer like Marquez.( except if your Mayweather) Naz biggest problem was himself, he was too wild and you can only get away fighting like that against lesser opponents but when you get in the ring with a pure boxer counter puncher that is smarter than you technically and mentally you won't accomplish much. That's why his team didn't want none of Marquez, they knew they wouldn't be able to draw him out of his comfort zone and Marquez would stick to boxing all night.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Hamed would have beaten anyone not named Antonio Berrea

The Prince would have put JMM to sleep, never have a seen so much power from a guy who didnt even load his shots up, he had the bruce lee one inch punch power..

Seriously, I don't know if you're trolling or not but Naseem isn't worthy of trolls. He was a black eye to the sport.

Comment

Hamed gets underrated, especially him at under 122. But JMM beats him pretty easily at 126. Hamed avoided him when they were both at 126, I think JMM may have even been his mandatory?

If JMM can pick his ass up off the canvas 3 times in one round against Pac at 130, I dont think he is getting stopped by Hamed at 126 and if he does get dropped I think he would be well ahead in terms of rounds so that it wont matter.

Comment

Working...
            X