No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. JMM for Dec. 8, 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao vs. JMM for Dec. 8, 2012

there's one reason why i would watch this fight the fourth time, and that is to finally see the conclusion to a chapter we've read so many times before. after three controversial fights and with pacquiao barely squeezing 2 wins and a draw, i, for one, still have something to look forward to in this fight. i have all respect for marquez, his warrior heart is unquestionable and the accolades he's achieved in boxing are unprecedented solidifying him as a future hall of famer. his style of fighting just happens to magnificently clash against pacquiao's fighting style which becomes an eye catching spectacle. history has shown that the two boxers compliment each other's fighting style which in some levels left some unfinished business. if the fight gets made, both fighters will realize that the possibility of losing might ultimately lead one of them to retire from the sport. knowing this, each fighter has a marginal 50-50 chance of winning.

the pacquiao we grew accustomed to was known to keep a buzz saw pace in the ring for every minute of every round throwing an average of 100 punches per round from every angle while applying dominating pressure. mounted with an iron chin and relentless stamina, pacquiao has never even been knocked down in more than a decade. marquez, being at a late stage of his career, might no longer have the required stamina to keep up in an all-out high intensity nonstop brawl with pacquiao. in contrast, the main difference between the two fighters is one wants to win by knock out while the other just wants to survive from being knocked out. marquez's trainer, said himself that marquez, at times, is wide open for pacquiao's left cross that can easily knock marquez down or perhaps even lead to a knock out. i have no doubt in my mind for pacquiao to win convincingly, he must find a way to be the old manny pacquiao again. your thoughts?
    Last edited by Fighting_Pride; 09-06-2012, 08:22 AM.

i for one cant wait

Comment

Manny dont have a choice. He cant afford a decision! In any way! Win or lose. He needs a KO! His intent needs to be to go in and KO JMM relentlessly! Leave no doubt. And this is what i believe will happen! And also the reason JMM was picked. The world knows Bradley lost and Manny was robbed. But the world has mixed emotions with JMM! Id rather watch wet paint dry than to see them both in the ring together personally...But the final chapter is the only reason i have to watch it! Of course its the plan they had! And it worked on me! Bravo!
      Manny win this fight by KO! He has no choice.
      JMM...A badass dude that has his own agenda and point to prove. Another reason why its appealing to me as well! This isnt someone Manny just walked thorough....EVER! Not Cotto Not Bradley! This is JMM! And the final chapter! Fu8k...i gotta watch this!

Comment

Hope it's exciting, but still has not been confirmed yet. Personally I want him to avenge his loss to Bradley, but Bradley is really boring, does not come to fight, and he's not a draw.

Comment

After three you cant draw a conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by pbeer View Post
            After three you cant draw a conclusion?
            The conclusion is this: Manny is the better athlete, JMM is the better boxer which leads to three close fights. But since Manny is the bigger name judges tend to side with him. Sad but true.

Comment

i cant believe some of you want to see this fight again... they've already fought 3 times!!!...

boxing is so stupid that instead of getting new fights we can only have the same recycled ****.... even worse, some of you are either accustom to it or just fine with it...

if you buy this fight, you're a moron

Comment

I love them both but I think Pacquiao beats him clearly this time. I think he was over confident the last time they fought. He will train harder and take out his anger over the Bradley robbery on Marquez. Marquez will give it 100% but it won't be enough. That's my prediction. If he fights Bradley I don't think he will leave it up to the judges to decide who won the fight. The old viciousness and killer instinct will be back.

Comment

Only an official Marquez victory would make this worth it. If he gets robbed again it'll damage the sport even more.

Comment

Perro, thanks for your support last night. I really like your posts. It's good to have you on Boxing Scene.

Comment

Working...
                    X