Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford's guaranteed $3.625M for the Benavidez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's crazy, he's making that Tim Bradley money. Except there is no Pacquiao mega PPV fight as the end game so I don't know what Arum is playing at here. Great move by Crawford to stick with Top Rank and collect huge cash or easy fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Trashman_ View Post
      Cool, except he's fighting on ESPN not ESPN+.
      Is it going to be streamed on the app as well though? I need to cancel the app if nothing else is being shown this month.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Is it going to be streamed on the app as well though? I need to cancel the app if nothing else is being shown this month.
        The undercard starts at 7 on ESPN+ app and the rest of the fights will be on regular ESPN app and ESPN on TV at 1030 EST.

Here's the undercard

Carlos Adames vs. Josh Conley, 10 rounds, junior middleweights

Mike Alvarado vs. Robbie Cannon, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

Ismail Muwendo vs. Andre Wilson, 8 rounds, lightweights

Steve Nelson vs. Oscar Riojas, 8 rounds, light heavyweights

Mikaela Mayer vs. Vanessa Bradford, 8 rounds, female junior lightweights

Jose Valenzuela vs. Hugo Rodriguez, 4 rounds, junior lightweights

Keeshawn Williams vs. Ramel Snegur, 4 rounds, welterweights

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Holy moly. No wonder he re-signed. Benavidez is guaranteed $500K.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...clash-weigh-in
          Dang homey is going to be eating good if you can't make that type of money grow you are not good in business

Tim Bradley stayed with Top Rank because they paid him good money too and he said the same thing a man needs to know how to take a few million and invest and Bradley owns real estate and several businesses in palm springs, indio.

Comment

Good for Crawford that is great $$$$ for a fight that he is going to dominate. Imagine what his purse vs Spence will be $$$$$$.

Boxers at the top level get that real paper!!!!!

Comment

That much for fighting a bum

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                How common are lawsuits against the fighters, from the people they must pay?
                Pretty rare. Sanctioning bodies have sued fighters before, but doing so risks biting the hands that feed them.

Trainers don't have much of a leg to stand on. Most of the big time fighters start paying flat fees to their trainers once they're making the big big money. A lot of times trainers are told their cut before the fight. They can take it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Except there is no Pacquiao mega PPV fight as the end game so I don't know what Arum is playing at here.
                  Imagine if next year Crawford had left Top Rank for PBC. Pacquiao's already left Top Rank for PBC. Other than Lomachenko, what would Top Rank really have left? PBC would have a full four belt monopoly on welterweight. It would be devastating to Top Rank.

Top Rank can't stay relevant without at least a couple top fighters. If you have to pay those fighters more than they generate in order to keep yourself in the game, so be it. It's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X