Canelo's weight explained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i was there you clown

he used the entire ring and boxed circles around canelo. point out any rounds or any portions of any rounds in which he walked canelo down.
    Point out any rounds or any portions of rounds where Floyd wasn't making Canelo miss and making him pay INSIDE the pocket.

Except for round 12 of course.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Canelo has no mysterious ability to put on more weight after the weigh in than any other boxer. His fight night weight is greatly exaggerated by some. Canelo puts on a good amount of weight between the weigh in and the fight but no more than many other jr middleweights and middleweights. When a boxer is weighed in he is wearing almost nothing. When HBO gives a fight night weight that is weighing the boxer dressed in shoes, trunks, foul protector and boxing gloves and all that stuff weighs a few pounds and they don't subtract for it. That makes the difference between weigh in weight and fight night weight seem more than it actually is. There is no such thing as a weight bully. That is just an excuse. If Canelo or any other boxer makes the contracted weight under today's rule then they can gain as much weight as they chose for the fight and they have done nothing wrong and broken no rules. Blame the rules not the boxers who follow them.
      I don't believe they're wearing extra clothes you're full of it man.

Floyd Mayweather weighed 148lbs on fight night against Maidana, you telling me his underwear, shoes, and boxing gloves only weighed 2 extra lbs and that he didn't gain any weight whatsoever till fight night?

He also weighed 150lbs on fight night against Canelo, 150 lbs against Ortiiz, and against Judah when he'd just moved up to welterweight, both his fight night weight and his one day weigh in were 146lbs.

If you story about wearing clothes on fight night weigh in were true, these weights would be impossible.

Especially remember that Floyd actually dropped weight after the Canelo weigh in. In the one day weigh in he was 150.5lbs, on fight night he was 150lbs, dropped 0.5lbs, probably took a dump or something before the fight, lol.

Anyway I'm sure you get my point. I'm using Floyd as an example coz he's the only one who's fight night weight history I've researched (coz of the myth that he doesn't weigh in on fight nights, which is a half truth. Yes he didn't weigh in against Cotto, Mosley, Marquez, Guerrero, and Berto, but in between those fights he did against Judah, baldomir, Ortiz, Maidana, and Canelo. His fight night weight against Manny was also recorded to be 149lbs by NSAC and USADA. He didn't allow HBO or Showtime to weigh him, but he had to weigh in for USADA and NSAC as part of the TUE for dehydration).

Anyway, back to the point, man, your scenario is impossible. No way these guys are dressed for the fight night weigh in.

Comment

[QUOTE=LADIV;18309565]
        Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
        dont you have some dildos or **** beads to play with maricon...there is nothing heavy metal about my avatar or demon on fire..if you dont know who that is dont comment on it...fcuk off loser
        Isn't that Semon Demon, the first superhero for transgender teens?

Very politically correct.

Comment

Canelo walks around 180 lbs, short & very stocky and muscular.

But he can cut weight to 155 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
            Point out any rounds or any portions of rounds where Floyd wasn't making Canelo miss and making him pay INSIDE the pocket.

Except for round 12 of course.

oh, so now he "fought from inside the pocket"

another lie

he didn't run like lara does but he certainly didn't walk canelo down. which is exacltt what you said he did. which is wrong. and i was there.

Comment

Imagine how stupid those must feel who claim that Canelo rehydrates to 185 lbs on fight night, lol, ****ing ******s.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                Canelo walks around 180 lbs, short & very stocky and muscular.

But he can cut weight to 155 lbs.
                Jacobs and BJS "walk around" 200lbs as Golovkin, yet they have to meet at 6lbs more than the 154 limit, so what would it matter of Nelo "walks" around 180 or 20lbs less than 200lbs like BJS or Jacobs? Nobody cares what boxers walk around, which is the point of 30day weigh ins.

Josesito Lopez was only half a pound less than Nelo at the 30day weigh in. Golovkin was 170lbs at the 30 day weigh in. Canelo Alvarez bulked up for Golovin yet was still smaller than Golovkin, let's say 5-6lbs.

This is what happens when Gennady hits reality like other non favorites limited to 2 fights a year. He comes in looking like any other star. If Jacobs or Nelo were offered 4 fights a year on a network and fighting non threats they look super good and in shape all year long, maybe more toned. Jacobs and Golovkin seem to drain heavily. Nelo doesnt.

Figueroa Jr. walks around 190lbs... PBC had stated that twice on air when he fought DeMarco and Guerrero. Yet he cuts to 147 for fights.. and has been fighting south of that career wise and he's no late teen...how do you explain that?

Rigondeux is a prime example of a boxer in prime shape. He's a small Super Bantam and could fight at Bantam bit chooses not to. All his other opponents cut to make Super Bantam. Nonito was legit since he rose up.

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
                  Jacobs and BJS "walk around" 200lbs as Golovkin, yet they have to meet at 6lbs more than the 154 limit, so what would it matter of Nelo "walks" around 180 or 20lbs less than 200lbs like BJS or Jacobs? Nobody cares what boxers walk around, which is the point of 30day weigh ins.

Josesito Lopez was only half a pound less than Nelo at the 30day weigh in. Golovkin was 170lbs at the 30 day weigh in. Canelo Alvarez bulked up for Golovin yet was still smaller than Golovkin, let's say 5-6lbs.

This is what happens when Gennady hits reality like other non favorites limited to 2 fights a year. He comes in looking like any other star. If Jacobs or Nelo were offered 4 fights a year on a network and fighting non threats they look super good and in shape all year long, maybe more toned. Jacobs and Golovkin seem to drain heavily. Nelo doesnt.

Figueroa Jr. walks around 190lbs... PBC had stated that twice on air when he fought DeMarco and Guerrero. Yet he cuts to 147 for fights.. and has been fighting south of that career wise and he's no late teen...how do you explain that?

Rigondeux is a prime example of a boxer in prime shape. He's a small Super Bantam and could fight at Bantam bit chooses not to. All his other opponents cut to make Super Bantam. Nonito was legit since he rose up.
                  I just know Canelo walks around heavier than GGG, despite his height.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                    I just know Canelo walks around heavier than GGG, despite his height.
                    Walk around weights? When how where...

Comment

Working...
                    X