Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did guys like Roy Jones, Froch, and Vitali keep their hands so low?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did guys like Roy Jones, Froch, and Vitali keep their hands so low?

Did it help them throw their punches faster?
    Seemed all of these guys had quick power shots that came out of nowhere

Roy had insane reflexes, Vitali always had a size advantage, and Froch blocked punches with his face.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Roy had insane reflexes, Vitali always had a size advantage, and Froch blocked punches with his face.
      hahahaha excellent analysis of all three.

The first two guys would counter you with hooks. Froch would indeed use the Homer Simpson approach to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        hahahaha excellent analysis of all three.

The first two guys would counter you with hooks. Froch would indeed use the Homer Simpson approach to boxing.
        He made it work tbf, his chin was genuinely his best attribute IMO.😂

Comment

It's the punch you don't see that knocks you out... Bringing the punch up from the waist is out of site to the opponent. Sergio Martinez was also good with this style as was Ali

This is good in theory, but it takes a true professional to pull it off... The average Joe will get KO'd trying to implement this style

They tried to get me to fight like this in the gym... I was like "Hell nah. You guy's are trying to get me knocked out" lol

Comment

He made it work tbf, his chin was genuinely his best attribute IMO.😂
            ATG chin, but his toughness and will to win was his greatest attribute.

Comment

Comment

This is bang on Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  It's the punch you don't see that knocks you out... Bringing the punch up from the waist is out of site to the opponent. Sergio Martinez was also good with this style as was Ali

This is good in theory, but it takes a true professional to pull it off... The average Joe will get KO'd trying to implement this style

They tried to get me to fight like this in the gym... I was like "Hell nah. You guy's are trying to get me knocked out" lol
                  I agree . And def hard to pull off you have to be fast and athletic. Crazy reflexes are required . Obviously in klits case he was big , lennox did it alot too . We had a kid in our gym who liked to try this **** for his first 5 or so fights and in sparring, let's just say he learned real quick that wasnt the style for him to pull off haha . He turned into a very solid boxer /puncher , very sound everything was off the jab ( a far cry from where he started off haha ) and competed at the nationals a bunch ( albeit without medalling ) and had some good wins . I always think of him trying to emulate roy jones and getting battered when I talk about this style or watch fighters using it LOL

Comment

With Roy, not only did he possess god given speed and reflexes to get away with mistakes but his unconventional style sort of required his hands to be low. Im calling it the freestyle. His arms needed to be completely loose in order for his style to be unpredictable and effective.

Comment

Working...
                    X