Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Connor McGreggor able to box Mayweather well ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't.

Floyd wasn't taking the fight seriously at all. He was walking around with his hands down and his head up the entire damn fight, which is not something he would do against anybody he perceived to be a threat.

Floyd was making a show of it because he charged 100 dollars for a PPV against a guy he had zero chance of losing to. He could have ended the fight in the first minute if he had wanted to; he could land at will and he didn't have to get hit at all if he didn't want to.

Comment

because floyd is cautious and mcgreggor could possibly have caught him earlly in the fight with a good punch and make him look bad, then mcgregor gases after 10 mins or so and is not a threat any more

Comment

Maybe it was written by the same guys who wrote the Sci Fi Canelo-Kovalev

Comment

Size and reach advantage , youth advantage, great at stand up shrinking im mma which denotes great reflexes, reactions, hand eye coordination. A martial artist who studies mant elements of attack and defence which transfers to any combat sport. He trained for this fight like the biggest most important legacy defining moment in his ancestors history and in his lifetime while floyd took it relatively easy it seems, floyds old and retired it is apparent that his motivation wouldnt be as strong as the younger guy seeking to recieve the torch as the combat sports cash cow. Floyd also probably had money on round 10 or his associates did which equals value for the fans more so than a blow out would, it made ammends for the pacquiao borefest while earning him big money on an unlikely round stoppage. Brilliant. Also mcgregor has vast experience as ab amateur boxer in ireland during his youth i believe while floyd is a shadow of his prime . Many reasons i guess

Comment

In my opinion it’s quite simple. Of course McGregor has more boxing experience than his record shows. He was an active combat athlete at the time quite capable of absorbing punishment.

Floyd never once in the fight cut the ring off on Connor. I know Floyd was doing this intentionally because his training is so good he would know what he is doing. Floyd always gave McGregor a path to move out of the way and get some breathing room.
            I think he wanted the fight to last rounds.

Comment

Floyd could have probably ended that fight early. I think he was a bit more cautious with Connor until he knew what he was dealing with. Plus he wanted to extend the fight so the fans didn’t feel cheated. Once he felt ok ending it he stepped up the pressure and it was over.

Comment

An old, untrained Mayweather carried him so that fans would feel like they got their money's worth. If that was a trained Floyd or a past prime Floyd from 3 years earlier, it would have been Gozilla vs Bambi ending in a few rounds.

Comment

tbh it was a little bit embarassing how floyd turned his back to conor hiding between his high guard sticking his ass into mcgregors junk and letting mcgregor tee off on him with his pitty pat punches.
                  there's no way a champion of his calibre should act like a ***** in his first school fight, hiding behind the gloves and ducking to the ground while turning his back.
                  not a good look for the boxing community

Last edited by inFi; 05-23-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Floyd literally walked straight to him, no head movement with a high guard..

Comment

Working...
                    X