Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Exec on Whether or Not Mayweather Stays Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steve kim writes like an ambitious high schooler.

Comment

Floyd will be back by 2018-19. Probably manny rematch

Comment

He's done. There's no one out there who's interesting enough to come back for. No potential super fights out there at all. Time to enjoy the hundreds of millions and chill out. Plus he's got enough businesses to still make a ton of money.
        Last edited by JK1700; 10-11-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I remember Sr. saying "Floyd will be broke and walking the streets of Michigan". That was when they were feuding I'm sure. But that was before the obscene paydays against Manny and Connor. Gambling can drain u faster than anything but he'd have to be real bad at it. Hard to place huge bets on sports. He'd have to make weird prop bets with billionaires to sink fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
            I remember Sr. saying "Floyd will be broke and walking the streets of Michigan". That was when they were feuding I'm sure. But that was before the obscene paydays against Manny and Connor. Gambling can drain u faster than anything but he'd have to be real bad at it. Hard to place huge bets on sports. He'd have to make weird prop bets with billionaires to sink fast.
            Yeah it's hard but I saw a interview where he said he has a billion in real estate (crazy if true) and his strip club is making millions every month. Plus he can make millions just by doing speaking engagements. I can't ever see him going broke, that's just wishful thinking by people who really don't like him, he's just far too smart for that. It's not like Mike Tyson who let people screw him over, wasn't in control of his life and doing drugs. Floyd's the smartest boxer we've ever seen.

Comment

He'll be back when his money runs low

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                More like ducking another robbery in Australia.
                First fight: no drug testing. Manny had no excuses.

He even admitted that he wanted Horn to quit after Round 9.

If he didn't want to lose he shouldn't have left it to the judges. The Hornet bullied Pac over 7 rounds. Period. Even Manny's biggest fan, Skip Bayless, says Manny lost the fight.

Besides...Pacquiao/Morales 1. Pacquiao gets beat. Instead of whining, he rematches and dominates Morales in the rematch. That's all The Hornet is asking - man up and take the rematch and stop whining about mythical robberies. You got beat, if you thought it was a bad decision, prove it in the rematch. lil bastid

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                He already schooled the guy that KOed Manny.

And besides you think Horn could possibly motivate Mayweather lol and what of the pay check Floyd aint fighting for under a 100 mill minimum so that takes all boxers of the list.

Nope Floyd is done.
                Yeah but Floyd schooled Marquez BEFORE he put Manny to sleep. So it kinda sorta doesn't count.

I want to see Floyd walk through guys Manny struggled with AFTER the KO. Just because.

And as far as the payday, remember he only got $30 million for Berto. So Horn is possible if Aussies come out of pocket doe

Comment

I remember when a young pretty boy Floyd had that HBO contract. Most people said it was "plum" and that he was making the most to fight the least. Yet he came out and said "I'm fighting for slave wages". Right there u knew he had huge aspirations. I used to call him "The last undefeated". That's how he earned his money and value by never losing. He's not fan friendly like Tyson, but every time he won, it was like the lottery payout kept going up. So each time he fought u had to be there just in case. He's essentially the powerball no one beat. "Pay to see me win, pay to see me lose, pay to see my Trunks". I think he's extremely eloquent in victory. Boxing has screwed over a lot of people and I know the history since before Cribb. I love boxing quotes, but the most honest, genuine, and which I don't thing anyone else could ever say with the same effect "I damn well feel every punch coming". Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                    I saw and was there at that fight JLC did not win that..
                    I'm with you on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                      Yeah it's hard but I saw a interview where he said he has a billion in real estate (crazy if true) and his strip club is making millions every month. Plus he can make millions just by doing speaking engagements. I can't ever see him going broke, that's just wishful thinking by people who really don't like him, he's just far too smart for that. It's not like Mike Tyson who let people screw him over, wasn't in control of his life and doing drugs. Floyd's the smartest boxer we've ever seen.

floyd mayweather jr smart....come on now. he can barely read. he has to rely on others to do everything. if one of them gets an idea...broke. if hes smart khan has a good chin

Comment

Working...
                      X