Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can a boxing champion lose to MMA guy with a negative record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Paulie Lol . Not trying to be rude but hes a slap Boxer

Comment

Paulie's a coward. Went in to a bare knuckle fight to jab and run all night. Way to put on for boxing Pauly D.

Comment

Terrible matchup. Lobov has only been stopped once in his entire career & Paulie has zero power. Furthermore Lobov is 32, still active and had major physical advantages over the 40 year old, retired PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          Terrible matchup. Lobov has only been stopped once in his entire career & Paulie has zero power. Furthermore Lobov is 32, still active and had major physical advantages over the 40 year old, retired PM.
          I think this played a part. I thought respect to paulie. Its a rough game bare knuckle and hands become blades basically. Even fairly weak punches can rip and do a lot of damage. Hes old and retired and i thought did pretty well not to get bashed about. Lobov hasn't got a great record but this isn't boxing or mma its something different and he's clearly more well built for it. Could have scored it either way.

Anyway I think people will get bored of bkb. The reason gloves came in was to make fights more exciting in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg House View Post
            The other dude had 3 tko in 29 fights, t-rex arms and a negative record on MMA. Paulie couldn't have found someone easier to beat from the MMA world. Even if it's not boxing, bare knuckle boxing is still much closer to boxing than to MMA. No knees, kicks, elbows, takedowns, trips, jiujitsu, etc...

And I know he is retired and past his prime but the other dude is literally a bum even by MMA standards. A negative record. He was never good and never will be. What if he had faced a good MMA fighter instead? Paulie was at some point one of the best in his division. Where did all the technique go? Is that giant gap in technique between boxers and MMA strikers nullified by just clinching and not using gloves? Or is that "gap" not as giant as we thought?
            - -More like Paulie a major league sissy.

Comment

With Paulies fragile/always breaking hands, bare knuckle boxing was not going to work well for him. Kind of stupid for him to do it, not to mention his lack of power or the fact that it’s such a quick bout.

Comment

A shot 140 boxing champion at 154 with one hand is not like beating him in prime with 2 hands.

I thought Pauli stole the fight on pts and the scoring was wacked but it was interesting, in a way bareknuckle and MMA vs boxing is like rally cars racing a F1 car in a paddock.

Comment

Paulies ''flight not fight'' technique is still keeping him alive.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                    With Paulies fragile/always breaking hands, bare knuckle boxing was not going to work well for him. Kind of stupid for him to do it, not to mention his lack of power or the fact that it’s such a quick bout.
                    Is there medical proof that he broke his hand or just his word ?

Let's face it though. 2 functioning hands on Paulie is as useless as sneakers are for turtles.

Comment

It's because of your arrogant mindset thinking that boxing is far more superior than any other combat sports that leads you to make a thread like this in disbelief. Respect the differences between other sports. No matter how you try to put them in, Boxing and BKF are still different. And to say how Paulie lost to a guy with a bad record is like asking how a 1st seeded team with winning record lost to an eight seed with losing record.

And one more thing, Paulie ain't shyiiet

Comment

Working...
                      X