No announcement yet.

Fedor thinking about move to 205 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedor thinking about move to 205 lbs

Fedor Emelianenko reveals he has talked to his management about a move to 205 pounds but no offer was made by Strikeforce

mmabay.com

Formerly ranked number one fighter on the planet, Fedor Emelianenko has revealed that he has had discussions with his management team about a possible move down to the light heavyweight division but any chance was seemingly scuppered when no offer came from Strikeforce for a fight at that weight.

The following is an exert taken from an interview with MixFight.nl, Fedor said:

Mix Fight: Do you consider dropping to light heavyweight? And possibly fight Dan Henderson for the light heavyweight title?

Fedor: “Yes I have talked about it with my manager Vadim Finklestein. But as far as I know, there is no offer made by Strikeforce to fight as a light heavyweight.”

Mix Fight: At the end of the fight against Antonio “Big Foot” Silva you announced that you might retire. You are now back in training and seemed motivated. How do you feel about it now?

Fedor: “For me it was a disappointing moment when I lost the fight against Antonio Silva. It was not a moment of weakness but at that particular moment it was the way I felt. Back in Russia I talked about it with my management and my spiritual father and my decision now to continue fighting.”

“I do not consider to retire at the moment. So I don’t think about my future career or playing in movies. I don’t think being a movie star is something for me. In the future I would like to be useful to people. Everything is in gods hands and the future will show what path god has in mind for me.”

Fedor was also asked about the recent buyout of Strikeforce by Zuffa LLC, saying matters such as this don’t concern him.

“The Strikeforce Heavy weight tournament will continue and the fighters will keep on fighting for Strikeforce. I consider myself a fighter and that’s my focus. All other things are for my management. I was not really surprised. For me it makes no difference for which organisation I’m fighting as long as I can fight.”

Fedor is due to return to the cage in July against a yet to be named opponent. He is currently sharpening his stand-up skills in Holland alongside the legendary K-1 kickboxer, Ernesto Hoost.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/04/06/f...y-strikeforce/

Im glad Fedor will still fight. 205 would be a great move because he was way undersized in his last 2 losses

Comment

If he can make a healthy cut to 205, he will be beastinnnn dudes in the LHW division.

Comment

I've been wanting this for a while now. Fedor has always belonged in the LHW division. Finally the fights will be more fair for him.

Cro Cop should think about doing the same thing. He is pretty much useless at HW right now. At LHW he would be a beast.

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
        If he can make a healthy cut to 205, he will be beastinnnn dudes in the LHW division.
        I'm pretty sure if he really wanted to, he could make a healthy cut to 185.

Comment

Being past-prime isn't solved by moving down in weight. That goes for Cro Cop too, btw.

I have my doubts about whether or not he could get to 205 without losing anything. Shields moved down and looked far worse against Kampmann than against Hendo (and the latter is a much better fighter). And Fedor is not exactly young either.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Being past-prime isn't solved by moving down in weight. That goes for Cro Cop too, btw.

I have my doubts about whether or not he could get to 205 without losing anything. Shields moved down and looked far worse against Kampmann than against Hendo (and the latter is a much better fighter). And Fedor is not exactly young either.
            Yes but that was a different type of weight cut that Shields made. Shields put on a lot of muscle when he was fighting at MW. It is much harder to lose muscle weight than fat weight and Fedor is mostly excess fat.

Cutting Muscle will reduce strength and stamina while cutting fat doesn't have much negative effects if any, in fact it might just increase Fedor's stamina and make him even faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

I gotta agree with this. I think Fedor was a beast because he was so much smaller, faster, and unpredictable not to mention he could beat you wherever the fight went. He just didn't fight enough and not against the best competition like ****in Matt Lindland. The end of his prime got wasted by fruity ass M-1 those punk ass biitches.

Comment

GOAT!..... The Greatest MMA fighter ever...

Comment

I don't think fighting at 205 will save him from his losing streak. There are a ton of really good fighters at 205 in both UFC and SF. I've heard that Gohkan Saki will be fighting in SF at 205.

Comment

Working...
                  X