Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White Wants to Embarrass Floyd Mayweather; Brock-Fedor Could Happen Sept 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KENSHIRO View Post
    Mayweather is a big draw. Problem here is that, people don't see this as competitive, sad but true. That is all it is.
    Post his numbers minus DLH and Hatton and hes no bigger draw than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHIRO View Post
      Mayweather is a big draw. Problem here is that, people don't see this as competitive, sad but true. That is all it is.
      The casual fan can be suckered into watching any fight. But it takes 2 to make a PPV hit now and Floyd isn't a big enough draw to make that happen. Neither is Marquez. Floyd is not the biggest draw in the sport. Its time to accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        Pacquiao/Cotto would kill Mayweather's PPV.
        Who said it wouldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          The casual fan can be suckered into watching any fight. But it takes 2 to make a PPV hit now and Floyd isn't a big enough draw to make that happen. Neither is Marquez. Floyd is not the biggest draw in the sport. Its time to accept that.
          No **** but he is a big draw.

Comment

dana white is too smart for spite. he's not gonna risk ppv sales for possibly the biggest fight in ufc history by trying to go up against a boxing ppv.

he's gonna want to maximize earning potential. trying to go up vs mr. counterfeit cash (even tho i think he would win) would not be maximizing their earning potential.

Comment

I predict that Floyd will come down with another mysterious injury that will postpone his fight if Fedor Vs Lesnar is announced for UFC 103.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Kapp View Post
                Post his numbers minus DLH and Hatton and hes no bigger draw than anyone else.
                365K PPV Buys against Gatti.
                325K PPV Buys against Baldomir (A No Namer)
                375K PPV buys against Zab Judah.

Those are good numbers = he is a good draw. Bigger draw now, having beat both Hatton and DLH.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcrazy01 View Post
                  The LA Times is reporting that UFC is finalizing a deal with Fedor. His first fight in UFC could possibly take place at UFC 103 in Dallas on September 13, though I think that is too soon. They will want to build this promotion.

But Dana White has had a war of words with Floyd, and I could see him trying to make this happen to go head-to-head with the Mayweather-Marquez PPV. UFC wins this one big, folks, and I don't care for the UFC one bit. Brock-Fedor is the biggest fight in MMA history.

UFC would be foolish to rush Brock-Fedor, but I wouldn't put it past the vindictive Dana White.
                  Mayweather-JMM would get no buys if Fedor-Brock was to happen. Everyone would look at each event, and this is what they would see.

Lightweight Counter puncher vs WW Runner(I dont believe he is a runner but it's what people will see)
                  Best HW in MMA vs Best HW in UFC.

You get your money's worth going with Fedor-Brock.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcrazy01 View Post
                    The LA Times is reporting that UFC is finalizing a deal with Fedor. His first fight in UFC could possibly take place at UFC 103 in Dallas on September 13, though I think that is too soon. They will want to build this promotion.

But Dana White has had a war of words with Floyd, and I could see him trying to make this happen to go head-to-head with the Mayweather-Marquez PPV. UFC wins this one big, folks, and I don't care for the UFC one bit. Brock-Fedor is the biggest fight in MMA history.

UFC would be foolish to rush Brock-Fedor, but I wouldn't put it past the vindictive Dana White.
                    Ok, to be honest that would be one MMA fight that I would see over Mayweather-Marquez. At least in paper it seems a lot more competitive plus it is a title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Mayweather-JMM would get no buys if Fedor-Brock was to happen. Everyone would look at each event, and this is what they would see.

Lightweight Counter puncher vs WW Runner(I dont believe he is a runner but it's what people will see)
                      Best HW in MMA vs Best HW in UFC.

You get your money's worth going with Fedor-Brock.
                      Funny thing is, Lesnar would easily get beat by Fedor, I'd give Lesnar a good 50 secs to 1min.

Comment

Working...
                      X