No announcement yet.

"Blood In Blood Out" or "American Me?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    I agree, I recognize that American Me is the better flim but I personally enjoy Blood In Blood Out more, mainly because I think it's a funner film and I have been quoting it with my friends since I was like 12 years old. Probably the most unintentionally hilarious movie I've ever seen. It's got pretty iconic characters like Milkweed, Popeye, pre-pig Paco, Cruzito, Big Al, Montana, Magic, and Chuey.

Stand and Deliver is a good film, but I found the educating-the-troubled-youth theme a bit boring. Edward James Olmos and Lou Diamond Phillips were great in it though.

"sorry no tortilla"

so many hilarious quotes in that movie.

Comment

Blood in Blood out is one of my all time favourites. American Me is decent but I like BIBO more

Comment

Blood in Blood out for me but I admit that "American Me" is a better acted and scripted movie that does go into more depth about the rise of the Mexican Mafia in Cali.

With that said I still loved BIBO more because it's more entertaining, quotable, so quotable that my family and I can quote it at the drop of a pin it's just a fun movie loosely based on true events.

Still likes both movies though.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          La Eme (Mexican Mafia) = Sureños

Nuestra Famila = Norteños
          And BIBO is a fictional retelling of the same story.

La Onda = La Eme

Black Guerilla Army = Black Guerilla Family

Aryan Vanguard = Aryan Brotherhood

Miklo was in the role of the real life Joe "Pegleg" Morgan.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 07-21-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

American Me

Edward James Olmos

Comment

I agree with others saying Blood in Blood Out is the better movie entertainment wise, and I also agree it had so many iconic lines/characters and unintentional funny moments. But I also love American Me, this scene was pure badassery.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                  "sorry no tortilla"

so many hilarious quotes in that movie.
                  "Hey Pancho, don't be a sore loser.......get the fuck outta here!"

Big Al was hilariously racist, but I believe Popeye was the most memorable character, I could probably recite all his lines.

I can't comprehend how the Academy overlooked his performance with lines like these.

Comment

Popeye.

Comment

Have any of you goons read The Mexican Mafia by Machine Gun Mundo? That e-book is one of the baddest books I've read about EME and NF.
                      He tells the story how everything begin. A must read.

Comment

Working...
                      X