Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did GGG turn down these fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hes a coward and we know that his entire career was a fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I figured the resident GGG hater would chime in here. Did GGG knock up your sister and run off on her or something? I don't get all this devotion to GGG bashing from guys like you and MCC. One would think he enters the ring with a swastika and white hood on his head the way some of you hate on the guy. I'm not a big fan of his, but damn, there are other fighters worthy of more bashing than GGG. What's odd is that the same GGG haters are the ones who defend a guy like Wilder to the death. They defend the TBE ducker and dirty Ward with every ounce of their pride, but hate on certain fighters for only one reason I can think of, and it has nothing to do with his boxing or resume. Same crowd that hates on Loma too. Coincidence?
      I don't have a sister but if I did she can do better than someone with raisins for nuts like golovkin

I'm white

ward and Floyd both have better resumes than golovkin and never lost

when wilder stepped up he knocked down two top 5 HWs 5x....when golovkin stepped up he got a draw and a loss without knocking canelo down once

I don't hate on loma...in fact I rarely say a bad thing about him...but I did find it funny how he immediately shot down the idea of a lopez fight when lopez was screaming about a few months ago...I respect loma....but I can see him going the way of many others...afraid to take on big risks and would rather stay in his comfort zone of fights he knows he can win while perpetuating the myth is hes unbeatable(well cept for salido lol)

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
        His opponent selection after Jacobs includes two fights with a top 3 p4p fighter LOL.
        It's literally laugh out loud funny.

GGG turns down a fight with a lesser opponent (Saunders) for less money in order to fight a better opponent (Canelo) for more money.

And he gets criticized for not fighting the lesser opponent for less money?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          My point with the Jacob's fight is GGG is not going to take tough fights unless he's forced to. We saw his opponent selection before Jacobs and his opponent selection post Jacob's. Swerved the BJS fight that was already agreed to before the Jacob's fight and wont fight anybody worth a damn but Canelo for good money.
          Do you not see the irony though? He could have walked away from the Jacobs fight because Jacobs was asking for more money than was mandated...GGG obviously wanted that fight. He easily could have walked away since Jacobs was the one who was asking for more.

Per your other posts - I would like to see GGG in with those other guys. But I also have no issue with him wanting to get paid at the end of his career. Especially when he doesn't really seem to get much credit from some for his performances and wins anyway.

He could KO Charlo and everyone would say Charlo sucked...that he should have fought Andrade instead.

GGG has done more than enough to get credit for his career. So the fact that some refuse to give him credit regardless, I mean why should he try and please them? He can't please them anyway.

He could win fights 8-4 all day and the people who don't like him will say his opponent won those fights every time. So yeah while I would like to see them...I don't want to see those fights as much as I should because many let their personal biases judge the way they score fights...and in so doing guys don't get full credit they deserve when they step up and win. Why not just take the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            Do you not see the irony though? He could have walked away from the Jacobs fight because Jacobs was asking for more money than was mandated...GGG obviously wanted that fight. He easily could have walked away since Jacobs was the one who was asking for more.

Per your other posts - I would like to see GGG in with those other guys. But I also have no issue with him wanting to get paid at the end of his career. Especially when he doesn't really seem to get much credit from some for his performances and wins anyway.

He could KO Charlo and everyone would say Charlo sucked...that he should have fought Andrade instead.

GGG has done more than enough to get credit for his career. So the fact that some refuse to give him credit regardless, I mean why should he try and please them? He can't please them anyway.

He could win fights 8-4 all day and the people who don't like him will say his opponent won those fights every time. So yeah while I would like to see them...I don't want to see those fights as much as I should because many let their personal biases judge the way they score fights...and in so doing guys don't get full credit they deserve when they step up and win. Why not just take the money.
            Dammit I keep letting you get pass me. You're the dude who tried to tell us Rolls was a good opponent. Like I told you when I found out who you were the last time. Im not discussing anything GGG with you. Any other topic I'll discuss. But you aren't rational when it comes to GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              I posted the article showing they mandated it. I didn't know you were such a GGG fangirl you deny reality. I thought you were one of the more level headed ones.
              I'm not a GGG fangirl at all. I admit that Rolls was a cherryypick and that there is no excuse not to fight Andrade next if he can't get the Canelo trilogy next. It's just that all those fights you mentioned were never really offered to Golovkin where he was in a position where it made sense to take the fight or when it was realistic to take the fight.

I told you this before. He never had an opportunity to fight Charlo. He tried to make a Saunders fight three times already. That it didn't happen is not his fault. Derevyanchenko wasn't realistic as it was on too short notice. Andrade is the only one where I can see the fans being upset with it but it is also understandable since GGG just lost, changed trainers and was rusty.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                I'm not a GGG fangirl at all. I admit that Rolls was a cherryypick and that there is no excuse not to fight Andrade next if he can't get the Canelo trilogy next. It's just that all those fights you mentioned were never really offered to Golovkin where he was in a position where it made sense to take the fight or when it was realistic to take the fight.

I told you this before. He never had an opportunity to fight Charlo. He tried to make a Saunders fight three times already. That it didn't happen is not his fault. Derevyanchenko wasn't realistic as it was on too short notice. Andrade is the only one where I can see the fans being upset with it but it is also understandable since GGG just lost, changed trainers and was rusty.
                You're not a fangirl but you sit up here & ask me when did GGG turn down Charlo. I show u where it was mandated & Loeffler turning down the fight. Then you make more excuses and then turn around and deny it was ever mandated after I'd already shown u it was mandated and yours m you'd acknowledged it.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  if you were around boxing boards at the time the consensus from golovkin fans was this

"who does Jacobs think he is to ask for more money? lol....this the same guy that pirog murdered? got dropped by friggin Sergio mora? hahahah...Jacobs is ducking over money!"

that's why golovkin received criticism ....because after the fight people were saying Jacobs almost a cruiserweight and that's why golovkin didn't look dominant......they were saying that Jacobs was great now too.....and that it was a great win....when they were dissing him hard when they thought he was ducking

when people criticize a guy then turn around and make him out to be a tremendous win it just looks funny

golovkin fans never want to admit anything or a point a finger in his direction for anything...yet they will go out of their way to bash more accomplished fighters on the internet(and I'm not talking about Jacobs)
                  I was around the board at that time. And asking for more money is fine. It paid off for him. But think it is obvious one should give GGG credit for giving him the extra money when he didn't have to.

I remember I gave Jacobs a decent puncher's chance because of how he sparked out Quillin. But from what we had seen of Danny's chin I gave Danny no real shot to go 12 rounds.

But his chin held up and he fought his heart out. I was impressed. And if Danny's chin holds up he is a great fighter...just no one thought it really could based on what we had seen. But he seems to take a shot better now for whatever reason.

To your last point...I think there is fair criticism of any fighter...and I always prefer guys who leave no doubt in fights and get KOs...and also guys who travel to fight and don't just fight in their own backyard (Joshua a good recent example of the trouble with that sometimes) They make it clear who the better man is/was.

So more accomplished is subjective imo. I have some critiques for Mayweather but I can't deny he was a great boxer. Haven't seen all his fights but I never saw him lose. Thought the Castillo fight was 7-5 either way with a slight edge to Floyd.

As far as Andre Ward, I watched most of his fights at the top level and I just never saw this great boxer some seem to make him out to be. He could never really separate against B or A level fighters.

He was a really tough fighter and smart also though. Give him a lot of credit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by drew1830 View Post
                    So March 13, 2017.

He fought Jacobs on the 18th and then the first Canelo fight was announced on May 6th.

So he never got back to Saunders......in order to make the biggest fight in boxing.

What exactly is your point?
                    My point is he claimed he wanted all the belts. Agreed to a fight with Saunders before the Jacobs fight. After the Jacobs fight he avoided Saunders & didn't get back to him. And two months later announced a fight with a guy who had no belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Homervanderjazz View Post
                      Why all the hate? He’s one of the most dominant MW CHAMPS EVER. won both his fights with Canelo IMO. Let me guess you are a Canelo fan boy?
                      Stop kidding yourself canelo whooped his ass in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X