Your Current Top Ten (80% of wins KO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Current Top Ten (80% of wins KO)

Who are they?

Fighters who have won 80% or more of their wins (I have plenty of respect for fighters who go out on their shield - Floyd could have a KO record close to Tommy Hearns but he wouldn't be undefeated - & that's not a criticism of Floyd) and have fought a fairly major bout or title bout.

And feel free to rate them in terms of how they excite you, not their total achievements.

1 - Gennady Golovkin - Just pure class.
    2 - Lucas Matthysse - Caveman
    3 - Marcos Maidana - I'd love to see him fight Matthysse in an Argentianian football stadium.
    4 - Keith Thurman - Will be interesting to follow him
    5 - Adrien Broner - I like him inside the ring.
    6 - Sergey Kovalev - If he beats Cleverly he's a serious contender.
    7 - Marco Antonio Rubio - These kind of guys deserve our respect.
    8 - George Groves - A fellow ginger Londoner.
    9 - Danny Green - When he's not boxing he's saving surfers. Respect.
    10 - David Price - No stamina but they should have a World 4 Round Heavyweight Tourny for the sluggers.

And before anyone gets too hysterical, I respect both the Klitschko's but neither one excites me. Coming up, I followed them both but they've become a corporate entity & good for them. It's just not exciting to me.

vitali would be #1 for me, ggg would be #2

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
      vitali would be #1 for me, ggg would be #2
      he doesn't actually have very much power. knocking over fat winded bums with a barrage of arm punches isn't impressive.

Comment

Cant have a top 10 80% ko ratio list without uchiyama

Comment

Originally posted by sugar555 View Post
          Cant have a top 10 80% ko ratio list without uchiyama
          Respect to you but it's about YOUR favorites. I don't have either Klitschko but have no problems with someone who has them 1 & 2.

10 years ago they both would have made my list. I liked Wlad when he went for it.

Boxers with knockout losses in which they gave their all mean a whole lot more to me than a safety first win.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he doesn't actually have very much power. knocking over fat winded bums with a barrage of arm punches isn't impressive.
            yeah, who cares, iof people put adrian broner and marco antonio rubio, then klitschko is even more worthy than those guys, david haye will probably get mentioned and klitsko deserves to be here more than david does

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
              yeah, who cares, iof people put adrian broner and marco antonio rubio, then klitschko is even more worthy than those guys, david haye will probably get mentioned and klitsko deserves to be here more than david does
              I was a fan of Haye from his amateur days but he talks more than he fights. A mental win over Fury with another fight quickly afterwards & he can be back.

It's all about who YOU think are the most exciting. Neither Klitschko is exciting to me (anymore)

Comment

Good list. I would put Roman Gonzalez and Deontay Wilder in mine. Gonzalez fights at light flyweight but if you like Golovkin you may like him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  Respect to you but it's about YOUR favorites. I don't have either Klitschko but have no problems with someone who has them 1 & 2.

10 years ago they both would have made my list. I liked Wlad when he went for it.

Boxers with knockout losses in which they gave their all mean a whole lot more to me than a safety first win.
                  So, is the agenda of this thread to proclaim your love for KOs, as opposed to actual boxing? That's the gist of what I am getting from this thread.

A KO is like a HR in baseball. The casuals love it, the marketing revolves around it, but there is so much more to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    the power is there, he just doesnt sit on his punches.... similar to forman.

Comment

Working...
                    X