Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia/Khan II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take my chances make Khan vs Garcia see what happpens. It's a pick em fight for me.

Comment

It's a pick em fight. The thing is, Garcia's even easier to hit than Molina, but obviously their power isn't comparable.

It just depends how long it takes for Garcia to tag Khan with a big one. If Khan stays on the outside and uses his jab with the occasional right thrown in, he could bust up Garcia without too much risk. But if he stays in the pocket too long, he can get koed.

It's a coin tose, imo.

Comment

its still 50/50 for me

Garcia has the punchers chance, he is flat footed, and if Khan can protect himself from that hook, he will cruise to a win or even a stoppage. I think Garcia is most dangerous in the early rounds, the longer the fight goes i would start to favor Khan

Khan needs to work on his defense, i'm sure Hunter now knows what they have to work on.

Comment

khan goes out on a stretcher, garcia going into this fight has tons of confidence and khan has psychological trauma to hold him back

Comment

I actually think that the 2 defeats could make Khan a way better fighter.

He looks more concentrated, humbler, more cautious.

He still has some lapse in concentration, at times you could see him thinking too much, the new movements are not yet automatized.
            It was though interesting to see how he improved his mentality, he was constantly looking to avoid being countered.

If he can stick to his game plan as he did yesterday and get to do these new movements more smoothly ( I think he can if he trains well), I wouldn't be too surprised to see him soundly defeat Danny Garcia.

Khan is faster, a better boxer. His chin is in my opinion way better than people think. His problem against Garcia wasn't his chin, it was his attitude/ overconfidence. It looked as if he thought he could beat Garcia at his own game, while he obviously needed to move in and out and box, instead of trading toe to toe and take huge risks of getting counter punched by a slower, albeit stronger fighter.

If he can do that, I definitely see him winning.

Comment

Khan gets starched again, dont be fooled just because he slaps around a non punching lightweight for a few rounds that he is any better, because he still was not that hard to hit and once Garcia starts landing Khan will unravel or get put on his arse. To be honest though Khan does not deserve another shot until he has beaten someone of note last night was a glorified sparing session and for me a top LW should put Molina away long before the 10th round i doubt Molina gets past the 2nd against Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                Khan gets starched again, dont be fooled just because he slaps around a non punching lightweight for a few rounds that he is any better, because he still was not that hard to hit and once Garcia starts landing Khan will unravel or get put on his arse. To be honest though Khan does not deserve another shot until he has beaten someone of note last night was a glorified sparing session and for me a top LW should put Molina away long before the 10th round i doubt Molina gets past the 2nd against Garcia.
                Maybe he'd get ko'ed again, I don't know, but I don't think so.

Point though is not who Khan ' slapped around', to use your words, but how.
                Khan wasn't looking to bomb his opponent, he was trying to fight smart, avoid being countered etc.

As for in how many rounds Garcia would need to KO Molina, I don't see why it should matter.
                Foreman KO'ed Frazier in 2 rounds, Ali went to distance two times (plus a 14th round stoppage).
                Yet, Foreman didn't Ko Ali

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
                  Who wins? I still think Danny will KO Amir. He got caught clean tonight a few times and was lucky he was in there with a feather fisted guy otherwise it could've been trouble for Amir. Really wanna see this rematch!
                  There's your answer. Khan is rocket powered but he's still taking clean punches in transition. Best if he stays away from anyone rough enough to inflict major damage.

Comment

The Molina fight meant nothing. Molina was brought in just so Khan could get a win. Garcia would probably stop Khan again.

Comment

Khan's defense showed no improvement at all, and that is why he lost to Garcia. If they were to fight each other next, I'd expect Garcia to stop him again.

Comment

Working...
                      X