Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for: Floyd Mayweather or Victor Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    Just to be clear, this is includes TKO, KO, or Ortiz quitting....lol

If you still agree, sig it and you got yourself a bet.

cool

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I have to see Mayweather - Pacquiao.

A Ortiz win would ruin it. He won't win though, Floyd is gonna beat him bad.

Comment

Rooting for them? No, I don't care about those guys.

Comment

I'm not really rooting for either, I'm just hoping for a good fight that will bring some excitement for the casual fans.

Comment

May the best man win. I have reasons to be happy if either guy wins and reasons to be bummed out if either guy loses. I just hope its a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              going with Ortiz on this one but I'm rooting for a close FOTY type so neither guy loses swagger/confidence specially victor
              I'm rooting for Floyd, but I definitely want Ortiz to put on a showing. I think Ortiz will bring out the best in Floyd.

Comment

I will be rooting for victor!

i could care less if a floyd vs manny fight is ruined since i am not a fan of neither fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                  I see what you did there. Other than Maidana who has KOed Ortiz? I mean if he didn't have chin heart he would clearly lost the Berto fight in round 6. And if he can't KO a 135 pounder and a gy who's collecting SS checks and gasping for air then what makes you think he'll go all out on a guy who can easily put him on his ass by just swinging and landing a good shot?
                  It's not about age. It's about style. If you're going in there like a bull, you're going to collide with Floyd's straight right or his check hook. Floyd has too many weapons for an aggressive fighter. Ricky Hatton went in there like a bull and got check hooked into the turnbuckle. I think Floyd is so confident about a KO in this fight because of Victor's style. He rushes in trying to go for the knockout punch without even throwing the jab. His punches are way too wide and easy for Floyd to slip and counter. Floyd doesn't rely on his punching power. He relies on his opponents aggressiveness and uses it to amplify his power. With Victor's aggressiveness colliding into Floyd's counters, it could possibly lead to a KO.

Comment

floyd mayweather

nothing against ortiz

but mayweather is a living legend and truly great boxer at the height of his powers

i want him to box as long as possible, as selfish as that might seem
                    there wont be another floyd mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                      It's not about age. It's about style. If you're going in there like a bull, you're going to collide with Floyd's straight right or his check hook. Floyd has too many weapons for an aggressive fighter. Ricky Hatton went in there like a bull and got check hooked into the turnbuckle. I think Floyd is so confident about a KO in this fight because of Victor's style. He rushes in trying to go for the knockout punch without even throwing the jab. His punches are way too wide and easy for Floyd to slip and counter. Floyd doesn't rely on his punching power. He relies on his opponents aggressiveness and uses it to amplify his power. With Victor's aggressiveness colliding into Floyd's counters, it could possibly lead to a KO.
                      Ricky Hatton is not nearly as strong as Victor, he was chin checked in earlier fights too. Victor will last all 12, and if he lands on May its going to be a long night...

Comment

Working...
                      X