Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder has BANNED referee Jack Reiss from his fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petty AF. Right out of the PBF playbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      And with Wilder's issue with Reiss I think its kinda bs cuz Reiss was just following NY protocol that came to be cuz of NY losing $20M-ish due to Magomed's severe injury that maybe coulda been prevented or more quickly attended to if NY had been on the ball. So idk if his issue with Reiss will necessarily be seen as a legit issue.
      Wilder-Fury wasn't sanctioned by the the NY state athletic commission though. Reiss did what he did on his own initiative and he needs to stop doing it in my opinion - i.e asking fighters to walk to the right, to the left, towards him, etc. it takes too much time.

The new protocol you mentioned is in effect only in the state of New York, where we now have doctors checking fighters regularly between rounds - sometimes before the round starts - especially if one of them is taking serious punishment. It happened in the Wilder-Ortiz fight. Had this fight happened in California, no one whould have checked Wilder and give him these extra twenty seconds to recover.

Comment

This is bs....Ngga mad Fury got up and got in dat azz same round as the knockdown.

He need to worry about jabing and throwing body punches instead of loading up

Comment

Doubt he’ll be fighting in Cali much anyway. Unless he fights ruiz

Comment

Reiss robbed deontay of a win I would be upset to.he should be fired.but yea when your the champion of a sanctioning body which in deontay case wbc you get to pick who you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
              Wilder-Fury wasn't sanctioned by the the NY state athletic commission though. Reiss did what he did on his own initiative and he needs to stop doing it in my opinion - i.e asking fighters to walk to the right, to the left, towards him, etc. it takes too much time.

The new protocol you mentioned is in effect only in the state of New York, where we now have doctors checking fighters regularly between rounds - sometimes before the round starts - especially if one of them is taking serious punishment. It happened in the Wilder-Ortiz fight. Had this fight happened in California, no one whould have checked Wilder and give him these extra twenty seconds to recover.
              He got longer than 20 seconds to recover. What's weird is why didn't Ortiz get the same benefit.🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
                He got longer than 20 seconds to recover. What's weird is why didn't Ortiz get the same benefit.🤔
                Ortiz would have had the same treatment if he had made it through round 10, but maybe between rounds and not at the start of round 11. No one tried to help Wilder. I don't buy conspiracy theories in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
                  Wilder is a type of guy who doesn't throw tantrums or come up with excuses like a diva, but he is looking like one. Now it's the refs fault that it was a draw, but never mind fury outboxing him the majority of the fight.
                  Wilder doesn't make excuses? Is this a joke or something? You've missed the best excuses in history then as Wilder came out with some corker's after Fury beat him.

Comment

Wilder only likes officials that look out for him instead of doing a proper job. I'm sure he wants the same set up he had when he fought Ortiz with them giving him time to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
                      We know why Ortiz didn't get the same treatment. Same as we know why they didn't look at AJ after the 3rd round even though the fight was in New York.

Comment

Working...
                      X