Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.LARRYX View Post
    tommy hearns was a beast...floyd would have to bring his a+game and stay in the pocket..cause if he tried to fight at a distance he'd be right at the end of tommys right hand and that spells disaster..he'd have to stay in tommys chest and try to rip combos to his body and head...this would be a classic fight..these type of fights make legends
    I think Floyd has a chance at beating in any fighter in history at 130,135 and possiblt 140. He gets destroyed by a huge WW like Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by King22 View Post
      Floyd will whoop Tommy Hearns ass just like he did Diego Corrales

I mean Hearns did have a poweful right hand but thats all he had and he had no chin

and with Floyd being a defensive fight Hearns wouldn't be alble to land a clean shot with a lot power behind it

so i think Floyd will outbox him early and stop him late i mean Tommy does havs a puncher's chance but against a great defensive fighter like Floyd Mayweather that chance is very slim
      ???lol..did you compare tommy hearns to corrales???and i wouldnt say hearns had a bad cin..leonard and hagler could punch..remember floyd will be the much smaller guy(starting at 130) and hearns was a huge ww..so hearns chin wont be a factor imo..floyds best bet would be to stay in hearns chest and work that body

Comment

I think Hearns is kind of the optimal build to beat Mayweather and is also a bit too big and rangey for him. I'd say Hearns decision, 8-4 or something like that.

Comment

Isn't Hearns like 6'3"?

Comment

???lol..did you compare tommy hearns to corrales???and i wouldnt say hearns had a bad cin..leonard and hagler could punch..remember floyd will be the much smaller guy(starting at 130) and hearns was a huge ww..so hearns chin wont be a factor imo..floyds best bet would be to stay in hearns chest and work that body
            Hearns had a bad chin. It wouldn't matter against Floyd. But against legitimate punchers, Hearns could always fall.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
              I think it would be a great fight to watch. Hearns had alot of tools to put together an attack on Floyd. But Hearns did get his chin checked as well we all know that fighters that gethit with punches they don't see coming can be dropped and Floyd is the man with pin point punching and quick counters. Just throwing out some food for thought....Lefty

...the only way to beat Hearns is to be able take his shots and Mayweather couldn't take Hearns' shots...look at the people that beat Hearns, they all get tagged...

Kabuki Joe

Comment

I think its a mismatch and Hearns should be called a ducker and a coward(at least on NSB) for even thinking about taking this fight.

Comment

i aint tryna compare Corrales to Hearns im just saying thats what the fight would like

look man Tommy Hearns was great no doubt im saying not that but i know the boy didn't have a chin he got 5 losses and 4 by knockout

I just see Floyd outboxing him Tommy getting rocked late and the fight and being stopped

Comment

Originally posted by King22 View Post
                    i aint tryna compare Corrales to Hearns im just saying thats what the fight would like

look man Tommy Hearns was great no doubt im saying not that but i know the boy didn't have a chin he got 5 losses and 4 by knockout

I just see Floyd outboxing him Tommy getting rocked late and the fight and being stopped
                    When was he knocked out by someone with comparable power to Floyd?

Comment

tommy hearns was a beast...floyd would have to bring his a+game and stay in the pocket..cause if he tried to fight at a distance he'd be right at the end of tommys right hand and that spells disaster..he'd have to stay in tommys chest and try to rip combos to his body and head...this would be a classic fight..these type of fights make legends

its sad that floyds greatest fight @ ww was againts baldomir lolz

Comment

Working...
                      X