No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Gets A Big Mack For Next Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Gets A Big Mack For Next Fight

By Terence Dooley - Carl "The Cobra" Froch will face Yusaf Mack on November 17 in the first defence of the IBF super middleweight title that Froch ripped from Lucian Bute via a fifth-round TKO in Nottingham on May 26.

Froch, 35, will once again headline at his home city's FM Arena for the meeting with the 32-year-old challenger.

"The Bute win was one of the greatest nights of my life and I plan on doing something special against Mack," said Froch when announcing the contest on Sky Sports News, 29-2 (21). "He's got nothing to lose." [Click Here To Read More]

Froch has bigger fish to fry.

I don't begrudge him an easy-ish defense (although this isn't an easy one, it isn't a stern test either). However, this is a spacer fight that adds nothing to his legacy nor excites the boxing public. It is a home fight with home comforts for home fans.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
      Froch has bigger fish to fry.

I don't begrudge him an easy-ish defense (although this isn't an easy one, it isn't a stern test either). However, this is a spacer fight that adds nothing to his legacy nor excites the boxing public. It is a home fight with home comforts for home fans.
      i disagree.

mack is a good fighter, not great but good. froch should beat him but hes gonna have to show up to get it bcuz mack can fight and he isnt gonna lay down for froch. especially now, this is gonna be his last chance at a title.

it does something for frochs legacy since its a title defence against a solid fighter. it should excite the public knowing froch and macks history and what they bring to the table. we are blessed everytime froch fights and he is in a real fight against mack. its a fight he should win but its no exhibition, if froch wants it he will have to perform.

i think mack might give froch some trouble early, hes a very good techincal fighter, good counterpuncher and has some experience. if he fights smart and doesnt get drawn into a toe to toe battle it should be a good fight for as long as it lasts. eventually froch will get to him regardless, macks flaw is his stamina and all his losses were stoppages against strong, aggressive and hard hitting fighters like froch who were able to draw him into a brawl and break him down.

still, i love watching both mack and froch fight so im excited. its gonna be a good fight for sure and who knows, lesser fighters than mack upset better fighters than froch so you cant take a froch W for granted.

Comment

ya mack was making cloud look just plain foolish at times. but the man best days are far behind him. he would really need a special performance to beat froch. i see froch most likely stopping mack in 7-10. mack is good for a while but his legs and punch resistance are done.

Comment

Its a stay busy fight.

Comment

Understandable stay busy fight, but I'm ready to move on to Froch/Kessler II.

Comment

Mack is ranked 6th by the IBF at LHW

Froch is talking about fighting Bute at a catchweight.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inlin...027811,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                Understandable stay busy fight, but I'm ready to move on to Froch/Kessler II.
                Spring/Summer 2013.

Comment

I too don't begrudge Froch for taking this fight. But it doesn't excite me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I too don't begrudge Froch for taking this fight. But it doesn't excite me.
                    It could turn out to be a great fight. Froch rarely makes it easy on himself, the Bute fight was the exception not the rule.

Comment

Working...
                    X