No announcement yet.

~Official Poll~ Dempsey vs Greb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
    Surprised this is so one sided, considering Greb beat him up in sparring.
    Sparring wasn't the same as Dempsey really trying to take his head off.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Sparring wasn't the same as Dempsey really trying to take his head off.
      I remember reading in Greb's book ,things got very heated, and it was more than just a spar do, both were trying to hurt each other.

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
        I remember reading in Greb's book ,things got very heated, and it was more than just a spar do, both were trying to hurt each other.
        Dempsey doesn't just KO Greb and breaks his jaw, but before that, Dempseys body shots break ribs and Harry gets hurt. I don't see this fight going long, it's a mismatch. It's like Darcy beating Ali,.... despite the pure natural brilliance of Darcy, ALI is WAYYYYYYY to big, and Jack hits wayyy harder than any Greb opponent and Waayyy way harder than Harry. What's next, Ruben Olivares Vs Marvin hagler ???

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          Dempsey doesn't just KO Greb and breaks his jaw, but before that, Dempseys body shots break ribs and Harry gets hurt. I don't see this fight going long, it's a mismatch. It's like Darcy beating Ali,.... despite the pure natural brilliance of Darcy, ALI is WAYYYYYYY to big, and Jack hits wayyy harder than any Greb opponent and Waayyy way harder than Harry. What's next, Ruben Olivares Vs Marvin hagler ???
          Ali>Dempsey and Greb>Darcy.

Less difference in size.

Greb had a proven record against bigger men and beat many of the fighters Dempsey fought.

There was public demand for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            Ali>Dempsey and Greb>Darcy.

Less difference in size.

Greb had a proven record against bigger men and beat many of the fighters Dempsey fought.

There was public demand for the fight.
            Yeah I have a thread of Darcy Vs Greb,...... if Darcy allows Greb to reach his prime or near prime it would be an all-time classic, I think 1920 would have been the best time for Greb to fight Darcy. If that fight happened in 1917, Darcy would win big.

Comment

I don't understand the clamor for this matchup. So what if people thought that Greb could win back in the day? Public opinion really means little as far as judging fighters go. A lot of people favor Mayweather to beat Martinez, doesn't really make it so. The fact is that these are two ATGs who are 30 pounds apart. The size gap is massive. Greb had proven himself against larger men but this isn't Wee Willy Meehan we're talking about. This is Jack Dempsey. Dempsey by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                I don't understand the clamor for this matchup. So what if people thought that Greb could win back in the day? Public opinion really means little as far as judging fighters go. A lot of people favor Mayweather to beat Martinez, doesn't really make it so. The fact is that these are two ATGs who are 30 pounds apart. The size gap is massive. Greb had proven himself against larger men but this isn't Wee Willy Meehan we're talking about. This is Jack Dempsey. Dempsey by KO.
                Because he was more credible than most opponents around, hell he was more credible than most of the opponents Dempsey beat. The size gap wouldn't be that big since he didn't have to weigh in at the MW limit, Greb was a successful light heavy and I've seen him in numerous top 10 lists. Had Dempsey beaten Greb it certainly would have been a greater win than his win against Willard.

Comment

No, Jack was better than wee Willie.

Comment

Greb knows how to beat Mr. Dempsey.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                      No, Jack was better than wee Willie.
                      Yet he still beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X