No announcement yet.

What are some of the best full boxing cards in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of the best full boxing cards in boxing history

Obviously boxing has had a bunch of great matchups & fights in its history. But what are some of the best full cards in boxing history.

And for full clarification I mean the main event is good to great, the co-main was good to great, the 3rd featured fight was good at least, the 4th billing fight was solid at least & so on down the line. And if we can get that far down the 8th or beyond fights had some good matchups or future good to great fighters or solid prospects of the day.

Fights coulda been garbage as played out. Not really talking about the entertainment value of the fights as the boxers fought them, just talking about the matchups going on & the appearance of excitement, hype or a competitive matchup going in.

And if you are a serious boxing history dork feel free to throw out the best cards, in your opinion, decade by decade.

And feel free to link or screenshot the boxrec event page.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Obviously boxing has had a bunch of great matchups & fights in its history. But what are some of the best full cards in boxing history.

And for full clarification I mean the main event is good to great, the co-main was good to great, the 3rd featured fight was good at least, the 4th billing fight was solid at least & so on down the line. And if we can get that far down the 8th or beyond fights had some good matchups or future good to great fighters or solid prospects of the day.

Fights coulda been garbage as played out. Not really talking about the entertainment value of the fights as the boxers fought them, just talking about the matchups going on & the appearance of excitement, hype or a competitive matchup going in.

And if you are a serious boxing history dork feel free to throw out the best cards, in your opinion, decade by decade.

And feel free to link or screenshot the boxrec event page.
    I was at the first DeLaHoya - Mosley fight at Staples Center... Diego Corrales - Justin Juuko - Erik Morales and a couple more I can't recall. That was a pretty good card, with what turned out to be an an time classic main event.

Comment

The card for Tyson-Holyfield 1 was pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        The card for Tyson-Holyfield 1 was pretty solid.
        Oh yeah. Christy Martin TKO'd Bethany Payne after she staggered her, I saw that on PPV. The Andrea Deshong TKO I watched years later, Martin got some nice exposure being on the undercard of both Holyfield/Tyson fights.

The other ones they aired were Michael Moorer getting a last round TKO over Francois Botha and Henry Akinwande with a 10th round TKO over Alexander Zolkin to retain the then minor WBO heavyweight title. Henry should've been able to outjab anybody with his very long reach, but Lennox Lewis was too strong for him once Henry tasted Lennox's power years later.

It must be tiring to have to sit through at least 9 to 11 other fights live before getting to a main event. Cool thing about an MMA card is you get to see the ones not televised online or on DVD and see every fight on the card. Boxing should start to do that if they want to bring in more casuals. Have an all boxing channel, maybe a website where you can watch the full card so we can see some of these future stars on the way up.
        Last edited by Anthony342; 09-30-2018, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          Holy f#ck. Yea this is what I'm talking about. And I knew Don King was gonna be a guy who had some shows like this...cuz I remember watching his shows back in the day & I remember watching this one now. Respect for recalling this one.

The full card.

Gerald McClellan vs Julian Jackson
          Simon Brown vs Terry Norris
          JC Chavez vs Frankie Randall
          Azumah Nelson vs James Leija

Ricardo Lopez vs Kermin Guardia
          Giovanni Parisi vs Richie Hess
          Meldrick Taylor vs Chad Broussard
          Calvin Grove vs Angel Aldama
          James Stanton vs Anthony Willis
          Christy Martin vs Laura Serrano

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Holy f#ck. Yea this is what I'm talking about. And I knew Don King was gonna be a guy who had some shows like this...cuz I remember watching his shows back in the day & I remember watching this one now. Respect for recalling this one.

The full card.

Gerald McClellan vs Julian Jackson
            Simon Brown vs Terry Norris
            JC Chavez vs Frankie Randall
            Azumah Nelson vs James Leija

Ricardo Lopez vs Kermin Guardia
            Giovanni Parisi vs Richie Hess
            Meldrick Taylor vs Chad Broussard
            Calvin Grove vs Angel Aldama
            James Stanton vs Anthony Willis
            Christy Martin vs Laura Serrano

Yeah Don King knew what he was doing.
            This is the best card ever in my eyes.

Saturday 10, December 1994

Julio Cesar Chavez vs Tony Lopez

Jorge Fernando Castro vs John David Jackson
            fight of the year

Frankie Randall vs. Rodney Moore
            Pretty sure this was a grudge match cos someone said something to someones wife. I could be mistaken though.

Felix Trinidad vs. Oba Carr
            Good fight between 2 unbeaten youngsters

Ricardo Lopez vs. Yamil Caraballo
            A legend commits murder on a columbian bum

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
              Yeah Don King knew what he was doing.
              This is the best card ever in my eyes.

Saturday 10, December 1994

Julio Cesar Chavez vs Tony Lopez

Jorge Fernando Castro vs John David Jackson
              fight of the year

Frankie Randall vs. Rodney Moore
              Pretty sure this was a grudge match cos someone said something to someones wife. I could be mistaken though.

Felix Trinidad vs. Oba Carr
              Good fight between 2 unbeaten youngsters

Ricardo Lopez vs. Yamil Caraballo
              A legend commits murder on a columbian bum
              That is a good card

Comment

Working...
              X