No announcement yet.

25 key Boxing figures give their pac-marg predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 key Boxing figures give their pac-marg predictions

Carson Jones (Oklahoma light-middleweight, was supposed to face Margarito in his comeback fight)

Pacman by knockout. Not only does he throw a high volume of punches, he lands a high volume.

Michael Jennings (former WBO welterweight title challenger)

I reckon Pacman round nine. I just think he is on fire at the minute, too fast, too fit and he has more grit than a snow waggon

John “Iceman” Scully (trainer)

Margarito-Pacman is a fight between men of two highly contrasting styles, in and out of the ring... a battle of two completely opposites styles and mindsets. The winner is going to be whichever man is able to implement his specific style, period. And it's no secret what each man must do. I'll go with Pacman to move side to side, constantly changing angles, picking his spots with precision and countering on the way to a stoppage, somewhere between eight and 11.

Adam Booth (trainer of WBA heavyweight champion David Haye and George Groves)

I think it's Manny's hardest ever fight… but because Margarito had his spirit broken by Mosley, I think Manny will stop him late or win on points. I'll go points.

Steve Bunce (writer and broadcaster)

Pacquiao wins on points. Too fast. He could even stop Margarito late. His speed and movement is too much for this Margarito. Pac on points.

John Murray (European lightweight champion)

Pacman on points. His speed will be too much.

George Groves (Commonwealth super-middleweight champion)

Pacman in round 10.

Joshua Clottey (has fought both men)

I think it's going to be a good fight but I know for sure Pacquiao is going to win. Not just because he beat me before but because he has more speed and he hits a bit harder than Margarito. Margarito doesn't have a great defence either. He's going to fight like 'do or die' and as a result, he'll get hit a lot. You have to understand how good Pacquiao is and that he has power because he's fought and beat bigger guys. If Margarito can understand that, it will be a good fight, but if he goes in there thinking it's 'do or die' I think he'll lose and Pacquiao might stop him.

Patrick Mendy (Prizefighter super-middleweight champion)

I have no doubt that Manny Pacquiao is going to win. He'll win on points because Margarito is tough.

Ryan Rhodes (WBC No. 4 light-middleweight)

Margarito looks in phenomenal condition, the best I've seen anybody looking two weeks before a fight. Pacquiao looks a little bit like he's been concentrating on politics. For all that happening I only see one winner - Pacquiao. Maybe points, maybe a late stoppage.

Andre Berto (WBC welterweight champion)

I think I stand with Pacquiao even though it doesn't look like he had too good of a camp. When fight time comes he's going to get excited and perform like he knows how to perform.

Tony Morgan (Andre Berto's trainer)

Before I figured Manny was way too fast and Manny's boxing ability was just going to give Margarito hell. But Margarito is a bulldog, he does not stop. I think Margarito will win I don't think he will stop him. But I think [Manny's] preparations have been tainted so much by Congress and other things.

Vivian Harris (former WBA light-welterweight champion)

Pacquiao is going to have more energy than Margarito so he could win it any way. I'll go for a KO but it's going to be a good fight.

Paulie Malignaggi (former IBF light-welterweight champion)

Pacquiao by decision. Too fast, too busy, yet shorter with his shots.

Joe Gallagher (John Murray's trainer)

Margarito to win. He won't get anything off the judges and he'll have to do it like he did Miguel Cotto, but he will win.

Devon Alexander (WBC light-welterweight champion)

It's gonna' be a good fight, not a blow-out. It'll definitely be better than Clottey. Margarito will throw shots and won't be scared to attack. I'm going for Pacquiao because he's faster and speed skills but Margarito has a slight chance. Pacquiao on points.

Eddie Chambers (former 'world' heavyweight title challenger)

I'm going for Pacquiao mainly because while Margarito's style is difficult for most fighters to overcome, Pacquiao throws a lot of punches too, and he throws them with power. He's also very fast and moves a lot. We've seen that Margarito can take a great punch - even Mosley's thunderous shots - but the amount Manny will throw - and land - will be too much for him to handle. I'll say a late stoppage - there's gonna' be too much punishment.

Steve Cunningham (IBF cruiserweight champion)

That's a tough one. Margarito has the size advantage and a great work ethic, but Pacquiao is special - strong, quick and as southpaw. If Manny wins it's gonna' be by stoppage but if Margarito wins it'll be by decision. I'd pick Manny if it was my last dollar.

Cameron Dunkin (fight manager)

You've put me in a tough spot - my best friend Robert Garcia has Margarito of course. Pacquiao is gonna' win though I picked Cotto. Despite all the rumours I like the speed of Pacquiao. Pacquiao can find a way to win, he can stop him after some real tough going.

Lou DiBella (promoter)

As much as it truly pains me to say this - because I don't think Margarito deserves this situation - I make him a very live underdog. His whole life will change if he wins, economically, physically he's much bigger and I've long concluded that Pacquiao will eventually lose to someone much bigger. With the personal appearences, TV shows and everything, I wonder if he is as fit and 100 per cent hungry as he usually is. That said, Pacquiao by a close decision but it would be no surprise if Margarito pulled an upset.

Nathan Cleverly (WBO No. 1 light-heavyweight)

I'm thinking Pacman on points. He could possibly cut Margarito up and stop him late but a more likely outcome is points. He will bring his speed up and have too much movement. Margarito is strong and tough but too slow on his legs for Pacquiao.

Dave Coldwell (Ryan Rhodes' trainer)

Pacman wins! I don't think Margarito is the same force and if 38-year-old Shane Mosley can outspeed him and bust him up, I think Manny's footspeed, combined with his lightning-fast power-punches, will keep the bigger man at bay for a comfortable, but always intriguing points win.

Steve Molitor (IBF super-bantamweight champion)

I have to say Pacquiao with his speed early on but it will get tougher as the fight goes on with Margarito's size playing a role. It should be a war in the middle rounds. Pacquiao by unanimous decision or late stoppage.

Mike Marley (veteran boxing reporter)

Pacquiao will win it but Margarito will have some moments in an entertaining bout. Manny's foot and handspeed will be too much for a guy who lost to the likes of Rodney Jones and Larry Dixon. Manny on points, unanimous and Marga(cheato) may take a pounding in rounds 11 and 12.

Bernd Boente (Managing Director, Klitschko Management Group)

Pacquiao wins inside the distance because he's the better all-round boxer, puncher and he's more experienced. He has in my eyes the better nerves so if he's well prepared and focused he'll win by KO or TKO.

THE RESULTS

Pacquiao: 23 Margarito: 2

Of those who picked Pacquiao - Points: 10 Stoppage/KO: 9 Undecided: 4

Of those who picked Margarito - Points: 1 Stoppage/KO: 1

wow Ill save everyone the time 99% picked Pac due to his "speed"

Comment

lol dickriding at its best...

Comment

bump......

Comment

micheal jennings.. a 'key' figure... nuff said

Comment

does no one believes on pac training disratction nowadays?????

Comment

Originally posted by shogun tua View Post
              micheal jennings.. a 'key' figure... nuff said
              Yep here we go with the smartass comments. ure a prick. jennings knows 10 times more about boxing than u ever will. go **** urself

Comment

nope lol. like who really believes a camp would tell on itself oh training isnt going good oh i have bad feeling lol. that **** dont work. thats almost as bad as jordan having flu but dropping 60 lol.

Comment

Manny on cuts.

Comment

Margo is in desperate need of a violently brutal knockout or the judges will decide his fate if he reaches the end on points.

Comment

Working...
                    X