Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Parker has a better resume than Deontay Wilder and should rank higher.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, Parker is so unknown, I had to look at one of his highlight vids to remember him. Then I was like, "Oh yeah, that guy".

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I don’t think I have ever said anyone is better due to the way they have progress, most people that knows me here knows I have Wilder over Joshua and am not one of those nationality pricks. However his progress has been terrible, he was never rushed in those 9/10 years but all of a sudden everyone now wants the best to fight the best.

Am all for “The best fighting the best “ but the hypocrisy here is astounding as of recent. Before Joshua came along and overtook him Wilder had other champions/names he could have fought but we had a steady feed of mediocrity.

Where were all these fight Klitschko etc when Wilder had the same belt two years ago?
      Wlad was kind of tied up for a long time with Fury and then the rematch that went no where. By the time Wlad became free Wilder was embroiled in the whole Povetkin mess (which includes the injuries from the Arreola fight) and Joshua was free to make that happen.

I don't really read much into because I was following Wilder, it just never really worked out. Wlad needed the one last belt and never really tried too hard to get it, not that Wilder wasn't ok letting Wlad get old.

There were never that many good guys at heavy during Wilder's whole run and when 2 fights get called off against 2 of the better ones that is pretty damaging both in terms of time and opportunity cost (you choose one guy you then can't choose another as the other guy will go do his own thing).

Now is the time for Wilder to prove himself to the world people have been asking for it before but now is the time and Joshua is the guy who proves the most. The fight is going to be huge and for pretty much all the marbles (except maybe one loose one hanging out in New Zealand).

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Wlad was kind of tied up for a long time with Fury and then the rematch that went no where. By the time Wlad became free Wilder was embroiled in the whole Povetkin mess (which includes the injuries from the Arreola fight) and Joshua was free to make that happen.

I don't really read much into because I was following Wilder, it just never really worked out. Wlad needed the one last belt and never really tried too hard to get it, not that Wilder wasn't ok letting Wlad get old.

There were never that many good guys at heavy during Wilder's whole run and when 2 fights get called off against 2 of the better ones that is pretty damaging both in terms of time and opportunity cost (you choose one guy you then can't choose another as the other guy will go do his own thing).

Now is the time for Wilder to prove himself to the world people have been asking for it before but now is the time and Joshua is the guy who proves the most. The fight is going to be huge and for pretty much all the marbles (except maybe one loose one hanging out in New Zealand).
        It’s all nice and dandy that in 9:10 years everything worked against Wilder, that’s why he never got the chance to fight Haye, Fury, Wlad, adamek, fast Eddie..... those are just the name that came off top of my head Plus that fight against Povetkin before the failed drug test. They had many chances for that fight to happen but was pushed back, now people are blaming Parker for not fighting Wilder because he called Parker out, and now Joshua because he called Joshua out. So throughout his 10 years pro career it has been everyone else’s fault but never his.

Your resume reflects you, no matter how we look at it, no matter how we slice it. Yes now is the time for him to prove himself and hopefully he fights someone with a pulse after 40 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          It’s all nice and dandy that in 9:10 years everything worked against Wilder, that’s why he never got the chance to fight Haye, Fury, Wlad, adamek, fast Eddie..... those are just the name that came off top of my head Plus that fight against Povetkin before the failed drug test. They had many chances for that fight to happen but was pushed back, now people are blaming Parker for not fighting Wilder because he called Parker out, and now Joshua because he called Joshua out. So throughout his 10 years pro career it has been everyone else’s fault but never his.

Your resume reflects you, no matter how we look at it, no matter how we slice it. Yes now is the time for him to prove himself and hopefully he fights someone with a pulse after 40 fights.
          This flip side is you are blaming Wilder for all that.

Povetkin played a pretty damn large role in that fight getting slow rolled, which is exactly how he and his team did when he was Wlad's mandatory.

Eddie Chambers when? How is he that much different from Malik Scott? Adamek who got punished by Molina and Szpilka? Haye who barely fought? Wlad who barely fought and we have been over? Fury who took a different route then never fought again?

So tell me how is any of that Wilder's fault? Two you listed are no one at heavy, the other 3 fought very sparingly the last several years.

When has Parker showing any inkling of making something happen Wilder is clearly above him in the pecking order. If Parker fights Joshua fair play on that decent enough fight, but then you get back to wanting Wilder to fight someone with a pulse? Who is that? Someone who doesn't really exist or is available.

So you would be putting Wilder in an impossible spot just like you wanting him to fight guys who were doing other things and wanted no part of Wilder. Not that they were scarred or reticent to fight him just they did different things for whatever reason (more money, better opportunity, less risk whatever the reason may be).
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-07-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
            I actually would. It would be a good price.
            Ok bro be real you don't think Parker would win

Comment

Honestly I hope Wilder gets to Parker before AJ does but I doubt it happens. Parker gotta be looking to cash out soon before he loses to a nobody and never gets another belt

Comment

That's debatable

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  This is where fanboys use stats to avoid painful truths.
                  Stats; Parker should rank higher.
                  Truth; Wilder is a greater threat and the fight everyone wants to see.

That said, I think Parker has legit earned a shot and I've no problem him fighting AJ before Wilder if that's the way it works out.
                  Redd, that's the truth doe! Lol

Comment

wilder being a big puncher is more exciting than Parker. I agree that this exciting style does not make him better, but it has made him more of a percieved threat. Its similar with whyte, the guy is a good fighter, with combos and weird angles, a bit of power compared to even Parker... but losing to Joshua for whatever reason makes Whyte have to climb up and he should wait to see who prevails between Joshua and wilder.

People who try to make a case for the "better man" are obfiscating the issue: which is in fact, the "better fight." Heck if I am Parker? would I rather go in and lets say, the fight becomes a Left Hook Lacy affair, where he beats up wilder...well then people would say, like some have said here... "oh Michael Grant." On the other hand if Wilder turns out to be for real and beats Joshua... its also better for Parker who will get credit if he wins, for beating a bona fide.

what some people are missing is, we don't know how good wilder is based on that last fight, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      This flip side is you are blaming Wilder for all that.

Povetkin played a pretty damn large role in that fight getting slow rolled, which is exactly how he and his team did when he was Wlad's mandatory.

Eddie Chambers when? How is he that much different from Malik Scott? Adamek who got punished by Molina and Szpilka? Haye who barely fought? Wlad who barely fought and we have been over? Fury who took a different route then never fought again?

So tell me how is any of that Wilder's fault? Two you listed are no one at heavy, the other 3 fought very sparingly the last several years.

When has Parker showing any inkling of making something happen Wilder is clearly above him in the pecking order. If Parker fights Joshua fair play on that decent enough fight, but then you get back to wanting Wilder to fight someone with a pulse? Who is that? Someone who doesn't really exist or is available.

So you would be putting Wilder in an impossible spot just like you wanting him to fight guys who were doing other things and wanted no part of Wilder. Not that they were scarred or reticent to fight him just they did different things for whatever reason (more money, better opportunity, less risk whatever the reason may be).
                      No am not blaming Wilder for all of that, am listing all the names that he has pass by in the time he was an HW coming up, challenger, and a champion and he didn’t get a single one of them in the ring with him. You seem to put his 10 years, 39 fights mediocre resume on everyone else but him.

It would be like Joshua being a pro for 10 years and having a resume like that, and for one reason or the other it’s everyone else’s fault but Joshua.

Guess what? Kell Brook had that same career as Wilder before he fought Spence and guess what we blast him for it over here and he is a Brit like myself. I didn’t blame everyone at 147, I place the blame firmly at Brook door. No way you go 10 years in one division and convienently blame others for your mediocre resume, then when you feel you are willing to take a risk you want to rush everyone else.

Maybe Parker and Joshua should go his 10 years route and then start calling out Debouis once they feel more comfortable to step up after 40 fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X