No announcement yet.

Fighting This Year Makes Perfect Sense For Both Fury And Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    I think that is kind of the idea to be honest.

It's a potentially lucrative fight that presents great risk/reward ratios for both men.

Wilder loses, he still is a KO artist and still very marketable.
    Fury loses, he came back too soon.

Meanwhile, two of the best shyt-talkers in the business get to hype things way out of proportion.

It's a no-brainer if you think about it, and gives the winner, however that may be, more leverage negotiating with Joshua.

Some folks will call the winner "the real" champ
    i cant remember flubbers last performance that made me go wow in a good way.

the way flubber behaved in that farce with seferi tells me hes ready to cash out. fury is no longer a credible fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      i cant remember flubbers last performance that made me go wow in a good way.

the way flubber behaved in that farce with seferi tells me hes ready to cash out. fury is no longer a credible fighter.
      I think Fury's original plan was to gradually work his way back to a big fight, one big pay-off (preferably with Joshua).

It appears that has changed slightly.

Now, he sees a way to dip not once, but twice.

The Wilder fight, whatever shape Fury is in, is sure to pay well.

If he wins, Tyson will be in the catbird seat for Joshua.

If he loses in only his third fight back, folks will make excuses for him and he can continue with the original plan, but do so millions richer.

It's a win-win for him and lots of credit for him and Warren seeing it clearly.

Comment

I think Fury's original plan was to gradually work his way back to a big fight, one big pay-off (preferably with Joshua).

It appears that has changed slightly.

Now, he sees a way to dip not once, but twice.

The Wilder fight, whatever shape Fury is in, is sure to pay well.

If he wins, Tyson will be in the catbird seat for Joshua.

If he loses in only his third fight back, folks will make excuses for him and he can continue with the original plan, but do so millions richer.

It's a win-win for him and lots of credit for him and Warren seeing it clearly.
        dw will really hurt him. might take months to recover. but the $$$$$$ will be worth it. then one last grab before hitting the competitive eating circuit.

Comment

it sure does but will it be this year? Fury is talking about Wilder fighting Breazeale first so it would be a squeeze for them to fight this year if that's true.

Comment

It's the best time for u guys cause fury is there for the taking.

Comment

Maybe Wilder will do serious damage to Fury.

Then again, Deontay KOed Ortiz as brutally as they come and Luis came back in less than 5 months so there is that.

And there is time to squeeze a fight with Breazeale but I understand Finkel has said that if they do sign to fight Fury, there will be no fight for Wilder in between.

Not sure how that squares with his mando- if the WBC allows him to fight Tyson, the mando will almost certainly have to be next after, all but nixing any fight with AJ in April unless they get permission to unify.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                So Wilder fans happy with his guy fighting a boxer who is no where near his best.

Fury-as-he-is-now would still be Jennifer 2nd best title defense...
                That tells a lot about her splendid resume out of Ortiz...
                Food for thoughts ...

Comment

No.

If Fury looks good vs Pianetta, this is going to happen.

They'll have 3 months to hype it.

3 months of antics in pressers and social media.

It'll be huge.
                  I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    I'll believe it when I see it.
                    If you are Warren and Finkel, this makes too much sense not to happen.

If Tyson looks half his old self vs Pianetta, it's a done deal IMO.

Comment

If you are Warren and Finkel, this makes too much sense not to happen.

If Tyson looks half his old self vs Pianetta, it's a done deal IMO.
                      I don't think Fury is interested in fighting Wilder even if he looks good in his next fight. It will take a few more fights before we'll see Fury against a top 10 fighter. This whole thing with Wilder is just one big PR stunt.

Comment

Working...
                      X