Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner on Vargas: He Ain't Win His Fights When He Stepped Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    i wonder how irrelevant it was for shane, cotto, and manny..they were so rickety by the time floyd fought em, you could have called those fights the grey bowl, sponsored by huggies and aarp...
    So how come you said you and the whole world wanted Floyd to fight Shane in 2010 then?

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      1st of all. Age matters buddy. When u just turned 32 you shouldn't be past your prime just yet, period Maybe you didn't read correctly or haven't been following his career because Paulie clearly wasn't past it in 2013 In the Broner fight he looked the best he had in years even better than he was when he was 25 or 26 fighting Diaz...clearly not past it or Broner would have knocked him out....By the time he fought Porter is when he was done but the again Porter might have stopped a prime Paulie as well...
      Age doesn't always matter. It's just a number.

Erik Morales, Wilfred Benitez, Fernando Vargas were all passed their prime before they were even 30. Some fighters age well some don't.

Nah I think it's you who hasn't followed his career. You think Pauli looked better than ever in 2013? So did you not see his fight with Pablo Cesar Cano in literally his fight before Broner where he looked terrible and most thought he lost?

Pauli himself said he felt past his best days in 2010 let alone 2013. He considered his second title run a resurgence in his career.

Clearly was not at his peak in 2013, it's obvious. And to say "Broner would have knocked him out" is giving him too much credit. As we saw he barely even beat him let alone stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Perfect. That’s the real Broner when he gets spanked. I hope Maidana is there to watch tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
          You do KNOW he's a 4 division champion, he ACTUALLY "stepped up" he went from 135 to 147 and won a World Championship.
          He won the WBA by beating paulie malinagi at welter. malinagi wasnt even a full size welter.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            How was Paulie past his prime at age 32? He looked the best he looked in a while when he fought Broner and it could be argued he won the fight. Paulie looked better there than in some of his fights I've seen when he was 25-26

I don't buy the whole Paulie was past his prime when he had just turned 32 years old a few months before facing Broner... That's still prime range.

Both of them lost when they stepped up to the elite level. This fight will basically determine who will be the career gatekeeper although both of them may end up with that status in the end especially if they stay at 147.
            dude every boxer has their own prime range, tyson or morales for example, they were the best in early 20s, but already down the hill at late 20s

Comment

Working...
            X