Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperate Apple: To make iPhones more affordable in China, now offering payment plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate Apple: To make iPhones more affordable in China, now offering payment plans

Apple is now offering payment plans, including some that are interest-free. It’s a part of a series of moves starting more than a year ago at Apple to make its products more palatable to customers in China.

On Wednesday, Apple announced a new option for shoppers in China: payment installment plans for iPhone, iPad or MacBook buyers. Apple’s website in China says purchases between 300 yuan to 3,000 yuan can be paid in installments ranging from three months to 24 months. Interest only kicks in for plans stretching 18 months (6.5 percent) or 24 months (8.5 percent).

Tim Cook is planning on China being Apple’s biggest and most important market some day the company. Already it represents 15 percent of the company’s revenue. But to make larger strides there, Apple has been making some moves so that its products and services are more palatable to consumers in China.

So a move like a payment plan option that will make it easier for locals to afford iPhones might seem minor at first. But it’s a part of that focus begun more than a year ago. Near the end of 2011 Apple began offering iTunes payments in China’s currency. And in the last year, more region and language-specific options have also come to Apple’s operating systems, including support for Chinese characters, and local search and sharing on iOS and on the Mac.

http://gigaom.com/2013/01/16/to-make...payment-plans/

DANG I PHONES ARE FOR POOR PEOPLE. sAMSUNG ISN'T AS DESPERATE to offer such plans themselves. Apple are basically begging. I already know they plan to make a cheaper version too.

Iphone fans don't want to admit it, but Apple really took a shellacking last year from the S3 in particular.

It's like back when the Xbox 360 was released, the tide in the games market turned. Sony still did well with the PS3, but compared to the total domination of the PS2 it was a huge let down, it went from like 80% market share to 30% market share, basically overnight

The same thing is happening here, Iphones will still sell well, but the era of domination has ended.

Comment

I always shed a little tear for all of you haters who didn't invest in Apple back in the day and now have to own Samsung phones.

I only hope you some managed to at least get yourself a decent yacht and an indoor pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Iphone fans don't want to admit it, but Apple really took a shellacking last year from the S3 in particular.

It's like back when the Xbox 360 was released, the tide in the games market turned. Sony still did well with the PS3, but compared to the total domination of the PS2 it was a huge let down, it went from like 80% market share to 30% market share, basically overnight

The same thing is happening here, Iphones will still sell well, but the era of domination has ended.
        Of course, once everyone copies your great idea, your sales are going to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          Series has surpassed I Phones in functions.

Apple had a decent idea, which it copied from HTC in terms of touch screen. Nokia had icons from N95 series anyway.

But it's too slow to develop. No MMS and Bluetooth back in the days when it was still useful.

For example when I want to add someones number on my S3, I get them to miss call me. I can add the number when the call is made. On the I Phone I need to go to the log and add it from there.

Quick access to Fave apps? Left side bar.

Quick view in gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            You are 100% correct, Palm says hi..

Comment

Isheep think the I Phone actually was original and new. Even the tablet was not new.

Apple can be credited for making people buy a lot, but they are not original.

It took 2 years for the S series to be better than I Phones. I Phoens have been out since 2007...

Cnet Best of of 2012 baby. Samsung S3!

Comment

I Phones are for poor rice paddy fielders

Comment

Hai I Chinese

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                  X