Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointed, Canelo Jacobs was a snoozefest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First round accepted as a feeling out round. Jacobs took half the fight. He admitted it in the post-fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      Not a very good fight, I agree. But I think Canelo's skills kind of froze Jacobs in there. For the first half of the fight or so, he didn't have any idea how to make things happen. I doubt that he expected to be faced with reflexes that quick. To his credit, he brought it harder when Canelo started to get tired. But not enough.
      I think deep down, Danny was stunned by this and didn't have answers.

Had Canelo had the energy, he could have continued making Jacobs look silly missing all night, winning every round.

Danny didn't plan on Canelo's slickness, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        It was definitely far from a fan friendly/crowd pleasing performance that's for sure. This has to rank up there with one of Canelo Alvarez' worst performances ever.

This is his worst perform since Erislandy Lara. I just wonder how could he struggle to put punches together against Danny Jacobs but not against Gennady Golovkin?
        What??? Canelo fought an awesome fight. It was an easy UD win, the judges and most on here agree.

Some fans are straight ******ed on here. Why do I keep coming back to this place? Lol

Comment

I don't think it was THAT boring, but it felt like when it was getting good with a nice lil exchange & back n forth it calmed down a lil too fast. And at this point its just sorta fun to watch Canelo he's so highly skilled now. Its like watching Floyd when he was at his best. You can be bored at his dominance, but its more interesting to appreciate what he does in the ring. The art of boxing is worth appreciating & Canelo is on some art of boxing sh^t these days.

Comment

Both fighters didn't put anything on the line. Glorified sparring session.

The winner was DAZN because they got my money!

Comment

I disagree with most of you, I actually thought it was a really good fight. The majority of rounds were very close and I personally scored it a draw (although could not argue with the judges as many were close).

My initial thoughts were actually to watch a replay but am thinking Jacobs vs Andrade and Canelo vs GGG3 maybe a better combo for later in the year

Comment

It was that bad? I didnt watch yet, I enjoyed watching Beterbiev fight it was a slugfest that ended in a massacre

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good fight but if you hate Canelo you probably hated the way he was making Jacobs look slow and cautious. Interesting to see how good Canelo's jab was tonight. He was catching Danny with it so much and you would have expected Jacobs to be the one with the better jab seeing that he's the longer fighter with good speed....But Canelo had better speed, more intelligent movement, better defense and better offense. It was an interesting clash of styles. I think Canelo is just the better fighter of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                    What??? Canelo fought an awesome fight. It was an easy UD win, the judges and most on here agree.

Some fans are straight ******ed on here. Why do I keep coming back to this place? Lol
                    Ok fanboy, so why was Jacobs still standing after 12 rounds then? He wasn't hard to find. Ginger threw less than 500 punches for the entire fight. Which is an average of at least 40 punches per round.

The fight was boring and fought at a very slow pace thanks to Canelo Alvarez. Jacobs was the huge underdog going into the fight so the onus was on Canelo to look impressively but he did not. He fared worst in this fight than he did in the rematch with Golovkin.

Had Jacobs been more active and busier enough he could have easily won this fight hands down.

Comment

Golovkin vs Steve Rolls will be a real barnburner I'm sure, Jubei.

So you can get your panties wet.

Comment

Working...
                      X