Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will two translators be needed for Canelo-GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will two translators be needed for Canelo-GGG?

Please tell me we aren't going to have Canelo speaking Spanish and GGG speaking Borat? Has this ever happened before in boxing? In most countries these days kids have to pass English to graduate. Why are there people still living in the stone age?

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
    Please tell me we aren't going to have Canelo speaking Spanish and GGG speaking Borat? Has this ever happened before in boxing? In most countries these days kids have to pass English to graduate. Why are there people still living in the stone age?
    Let's face it. They aren't paid for their brains.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Canelo can speak English, even if it's limited and GGG speaks limited English. Marquez and Pacquiao both spoke English during the HBO face to face.

Comment

They'll have translators.
        I prefer a translator to broken english.

Comment

One spanish translator employed by HBO, same one who was with conela when he said mexicans don't f-ck around, i'll fight you tonight, fight for pride.. blah blah blah.

Golovkin speaks russian, german, kazakh, spanglish, and rough enough english.

Alvarez speaks spanish, the 2nd most spoken lanuage in the world (around 20 countries), and nowdays north america has more spanish speakers than spain.

/end thread

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
            Jump off a cliff

Comment

They should use sign language.

Comment

its better then broken english

Comment

LOL, but yea its kinda f#cking stupid.

And its just a maximize your opportunity thing at this point. A Canelo who can freely speak English is bigger in boxing then a Canelo that doesn't. If I was Oscar I'd be asking this mfer if he likes money or f#cking not.

And that's why Canelo vs GGG won't be THAT big of a fight. A lot of mainstream sports fan Americans won't buy this fight simply because they don't understand what either of these mfers are saying. America has a healthy % of xenophobic mfers + its just sorta f#cking annoying reading subtitles & sh^t so guys like me except don't like boxing won't even get exposed to this fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X