Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs this era's best Super Middleweights, how would he have performed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I'd say Tarver 1. Because he really had to dig down and earn that decision. That and capturing the hw title which hadnt been done in over 100 years would have been like Jordan going out with that game winning shot to win the finals.

He made a mistake giving Tarver a rematch. Anything after that is Jordan in a Wizard's jersey
    After the Ruiz fight he should have taken that megamillion dollar fight with Holyfield everyone was pining for, gotten knocked out (which no one would have held against him anyway) taken the cash and retired.

Comment

• Abraham - Roy would shut him out
      Taylor - Roy would win an exciting fight
      Froch - Roy would shut him out
      Bute - Roy might stop him
      Dirrell - Roy might win a close decision
      Kessler - Roy might win a competitive, but clear decision
      Ward - Roy might win a competitive decision

Dawson - Is this only one (albiet 175lbs) that would give Roy most trouble as a tall, lengthy, southpaw with good boxing ability and a patient style.

Comment

• He beats them all pretty soundly, Ward giving him the tougher fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          RJJ at 168 would have lost single digit rounds IN THE ENTIRE SUPER 6. Maybe 2 rounds the entire S6. He would absolutely dominate every fighter at 168. This is the most gifted fighter of all time fihting at his prime weight.
          This 100%.

Roy smokes everyone of them at Super Middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
            Abraham - Roy would shut him out
            Taylor - Roy would win an exciting fight
            Froch - Roy would shut him out
            Bute - Roy might stop him
            Dirrell - Roy might win a close decision
            Kessler - Roy might win a competitive, but clear decision
            Ward - Roy might win a competitive decision

Dawson - Is this only one (albiet 175lbs) that would give Roy most trouble as a tall, lengthy, southpaw with good boxing ability and a patient style.
            Too patient if you ask me.

He lost to a poor mans RJ.

He'd find himself trying to outbox, someone faster, slicker, harder to hit, better conditioned, better footwork, who can counter any punch he throws if he's at all lazy with it.

He'd find himself on the losing side of a boxfest.

Comment

• He would've clowned every last one of them, knocking half of them out cold.

Comment

• Wait, Roy "MIGHT" stop Bute? Are you ****ing kidding me? The same Bute who was hit at will by a plodding brawler like Carl Froch? The same Bute who basically just stood there and let himself be tee'd off on? The same Bute who threw 10 punches a round?

And prime ROY JONES "might" stop him?

My ass, Roy would cream that kid in 3 rounds or less. Bute is literally one of the worst fighters I've seen in the last decade.

Comment

• he would've ****ed em up

Comment

• I'll be honest... I think Jones-Froch would look like Mayweather-Gatti.

Exactly like that actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      I'll be honest... I think Jones-Froch would look like Mayweather-Gatti.

Exactly like that actually.
                      yeah froch would get battered

rjj was on another level to any fighter of his era we may never see anybody with his ability ever again

Comment

Working...
                      X