Aoki post strikeforce comments...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aoki post strikeforce comments...

From the DREAM website..

"I lost big time. I would like to thank Scott Corker(CEO), and the DREAM staff who all cooperated to make this fight happen. Now that I have finished fighting Gilbert Melendez, I would like to say to the defending champion, “Congratulations.” Some might say that Japan MMA has lost, but my heart is still far from beaten. Back in Japan I will do whatever I can to improve in order to give it another try. Thank you all very much.
    It did not particularly matter whether it was a cage or a ring. It was just that Melendez was strong. I felt great in the cage, which was my first, and fully enjoyed being there. I would like to thank having been able to stand in that cage.
    (When asked about the possibility of a rematch with Melendez) I have no right to say, “Let me fight Melendez again.” It should be that I would have to improve my value as a fighter so that in the future Melendez might think, “All right, I would not mind fighting Aoki again.” No way I ‘m in any position to say that I want to fight him again."

Wow, some humble words from Aoki for a change.

I still think the cage is an issue for him. He says he felt comfortable, it looked like he wasn't ready for the space in the cage. He didn't even close his guard when on the bottom. He didn't look comfortable to me, he looked lost.

Comment

Working...
    X