Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Bob Arum & Roach had said that Floyd won over a old, shot Mosley, but then they pick him.

Why didn't he fight someone prime? With Pac being three suppose P4P king couldn't he have easily sold a ppv bout with Berto, Madiana, or Bradley? After all, all these guys have bigger followings than Joshua Clottey could ever dream if.

Or was it for money? I thought Pacquiao was the peoples champion and not money hungry like Mayweather?

Despite what other bias posters will say it was obviously a business decision made by Top Rank and team Pacquiao. Please dont try and tell me Ortiz, Berto or Bradley would have been bigger paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post

Bob Arum & Roach had said that Floyd won over a old, shot Mosley, but then they pick him.

Why didn't he fight someone prime? With Pac being three suppose P4P king couldn't he have easily sold a ppv bout with Berto, Madiana, or Bradley? After all, all these guys have bigger followings than Joshua Clottey could ever dream if.

Or was it for money?
      I thought Pacquiao was the peoples champion and not money hungry like Mayweather?
      so you call yourself 'BoxingFollower' and then asks this question when you obviously know the answer already? ok buddy. Oh wait, I know, you feel like baiting another ***** vs. ******* war right?

Comment

Or was it for money? I thought Pacquiao was the peoples champion and not money hungry like Mayweather?

Floyd Mayweather was not picking up his phone and in hiding, so Pacquiao went for Shane Mosley, ranked the 3rd best welter.

Berto and Marquez were the other options, Berto was no name and overrated, Marquez asking for too much.

Maybe Pacquiao wanted to show the world he can out do Floyd yet again in common opponents.

3-1 so far to Pacquiao, but a KO of Marquez would make it 4-0.

Comment

Arum made it because he could get Mosley signed into his stable and make double bubble off the promoters fees and keep it all in-house.

They also took it to try and beat Mosley better then Mayweather did because Manny doesn't want to take a drugs test, so they figure, avoid Floyd yet beat all his competition, that way you don't have to fight and risk losing to him, yet to you can claim bragging rights.

Flawed logic as Mayweather destroyed Mosley and Pacman didn't do the magical number he was supposed to on Mosley. Definitely one of the worst fights Manny has been in. I think I enjoyed the Clottey fight more and that is saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            Despite what other bias posters will say it was obviously a business decision made by Top Rank and team Pacquiao. Please dont try and tell me Ortiz, Berto or Bradley would have been bigger paydays.
            Sorry dude, but Cotto looked just like your avatar the night of Cotto - Pac, dude was terrible..anyways

So can't the p4p king Pacquiao sell any PPV? Surely a match with Berto, Madiana or Bradley would have done better than the 750,000 that Clottey vs Pac did.

Comment

Sorry dude, but Cotto looked just like your avatar the night of Cotto - Pac, dude was terrible..anyways

So can't the p4p king Pacquiao sell any PPV? Surely a match with Berto, Madiana or Bradley would have done better than the 750,000 that Clottey vs Pac did.
              I dont get what you're trying to say in your first paragraph.

Why are you changing the subject you asked about Mosley not Clottey? The answer is Mosley was the biggest name out of the available opponents and when you factor in risk and reward like every other fighter does who has a name its obvious why he was chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                Floyd Mayweather was not picking up his phone and in hiding, so Pacquiao went for Shane Mosley, ranked the 3rd best welter.

Berto and Marquez were the other options, Berto was no name and overrated, Marquez asking for too much.

Maybe Pacquiao wanted to show the world he can out do Floyd yet again in common opponents.

3-1 so far to Pacquiao, but a KO of Marquez would make it 4-0.
                No he was not.

The top 3 WWs at that time were Floyd, Pac, and Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  No he was not.

The top 3 WWs at that time was Floyd, Pac, and Berto.
                  Shocking, Berto No.3 well I guess they can't get it right all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Shocking, Berto No.3 well I guess they can't get it right all the time.
                    Yea, Epic fail.

Mosley was ranked around number 5 or maybe it was 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X