• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    8-4 Dirrell...

He got robbed.
    8-4 Froch.

He got robbed of a deserving U.D.

And also got robbed of having Dirrell dq'd for excessive holding.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      I'm saying that if Dirrell had not clinched, Froch wouldn't have done that. I'm not the biggest Froch fan on this site. But I can't have any sympathy for a guy who did more running and clinching than fighting. When you do that, it is called non-fighting.
      gotta co-signed that!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        That is terrible, Henry Akinwande did not throw a meaningful punch in that fight, Dirrell was holding but he was still landing punches on the outside.

It was a hometown decision, could have been in any country but what did Froch do to win the fight, make a case for him doing enough to win seven rounds because to me I do not think you can make a valid case for him to win five based on clean effective punching.
        Hell yeah he did, he knocked Lewis down - you forgot?

Anyway, while it may have been a hometown decision, it wasn't outrageous. I could see why hometown might be swayed on certain rounds when the challenger is acting like he wants the champ to breastfeed him. I didn't score the fight but thought Dirrell was ahead - he built an early lead and closed somewhat strong. But there were plenty of close rounds, I'm pretty sure most went the champ's way. I don't know, I guess I don't think that's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Hell yeah he did, he knocked Lewis down - you forgot?

Anyway, while it may have been a hometown decision, it wasn't outrageous. I could see why hometown might be swayed on certain rounds when the challenger is acting like he wants the champ to breastfeed him. I didn't score the fight but thought Dirrell was ahead - he built an early lead and closed somewhat strong. But there were plenty of close rounds, I'm pretty sure most went the champ's way. I don't know, I guess I don't think that's terrible.
          It was the worst decision of the year in a big fight, Froch did jack ****. I know Dirrell made the fight a lot closer then it needed to be, but Froch did nothing to win the fight.

Most of the time I can see the other side but in this one Froch did zero so even if Dirrell only did .5 it was much greater then what Froch accomplished. I have yet to see anyone make a decent case for Froch that is not based on what Dirrell did or did not do, to win though Froch has to actually do something.

I asked you that because I have yet to get an answer to that. You know more then most of the people saying it was close so I figured I would ask.

I do not recall Akinwande knocking Lewis down but when teh fight went down for him he did 0 except hold, Dirrell was always landing punches with teh holding which is a lot more then I can say for Froch atleast when it comes to legal blows.

Comment

I think the fight stunk, I think Dirrell was a big part of the reason why the fight stunk, and I agree it was a hard choice to pick a decisive winner.

But after watching and rewatching the fight, I just have the hardest time giving the win to a guy who did literally NOTHING the whole fight. Like Gambler said, Froch did jack ****. He plodded around the ring, doing his best imitation of Roy Jones Jr. on drank (i.e. slow as a sloth), and even got staggered by supposedly light-fisted Dirrell in the late rounds. I just do not see how this 'champion' retains his title by doing nothing for 12 rounds.

Comment

2 judges had Lewis up 40-35 through four rounds and the great Dalby Shirley had it 38-37.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                It was the worst decision of the year in a big fight, Froch did jack ****. I know Dirrell made the fight a lot closer then it needed to be, but Froch did nothing to win the fight.

Most of the time I can see the other side but in this one Froch did zero so even if Dirrell only did .5 it was much greater then what Froch accomplished. I have yet to see anyone make a decent case for Froch that is not based on what Dirrell did or did not do, to win though Froch has to actually do something.

I asked you that because I have yet to get an answer to that. You know more then most of the people saying it was close so I figured I would ask.

I do not recall Akinwande knocking Lewis down but when teh fight went down for him he did 0 except hold, Dirrell was always landing punches with teh holding which is a lot more then I can say for Froch atleast when it comes to legal blows.
                Wow, that bad? Maybe I need to watch the fight again and score it.

PS - Akindwande didn't score a knockdown but he did drop Lewis to a knee with a right. Wasn't called and didn't matter. He was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Wow, that bad? Maybe I need to watch the fight again and score it.

PS - Akindwande didn't score a knockdown but he did drop Lewis to a knee with a right. Wasn't called and didn't matter. He was horrible.
                  That was one of the worst fights I have ever witnessed, thats why I could not say one way or the other I watched it live and really did not need to watch it since.

I watched this fight 4 times I could not find 5 rounds to give Froch and four is being pretty generous (I can make a case for Berto, Jaurez and Diaz and people screamed to high heaven about those fights, this fight was on another level then those because atleast those guys had moments but Dirrell messed up leaving to much up to the judges in another fighters hometown, it was not really suprising in the end).

Comment

One of the most important things I wanted in this tournament was good sportsmanship, competitive fights and good judging.
                    We missed out on one of the three this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                      One of the most important things I wanted in this tournament was good sportsmanship, competitive fights and good judging.
                      We missed out on one of the three this weekend.
                      Hell, I wanted good, fair refereeing as well, and it was obvious we didnt get that either.
                      Hometown decisions?
                      Bull ****ing ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X