No announcement yet.

Australian Open Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    So the match has to go 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 to meet the criteria? Wasn't it the longest Aus. Open final in history and it went 5 sets? What more do you want? Does it have to be a drag out battle to the last point?

Nadal lost and Djokovic was better. Djokovic beat him at his own game and Nadal broke down. It's boxing's version of chopping down the tree and TKO'ing him in the late rounds. Nadal could've easily been done after the 3rd set but he made a surge. But because Djokovic held on to win, it's somehow tainted?

Were you saying this when players were dropping games to Nadal and Federer in the finals, over the years?
    Yes, I indeed was. It gets boring to see the same guy win over and over. Specially when guys just roll over.

I think your trying to get at "why not just be happy for him." Sure, he won. Congrats but again, my issue isn't with him it's with guys who roll over to him.
    Just like guys who roll over to Fed and Nadal. Play hard, don't just quit because they are who they are.

Nothing to do with Djokovic and the win isn't diluted. I just want to see a guy who wants to give it his all even if they end up losing. Like the Murray example. If you can't accept that, then oh well.

Comment

• That was a great final.

Comment

Working...
      X