No announcement yet.

Gary Russell Jr willing to walk away from Al Haymon & sign with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Whatever the reason was, he hasn't been able to get those fights. And he is making it crystal clear it is not on him, but on Haymon and his Leo's team. So now there is no excuse not to get the fight made. I'm sure GRJ in the past may have been a reason some of those fights were not being made, but he wants the LSC now...and he wants it badly. Even Keith Idec mentioned a few weeks ago that the hold up is LSC, NOT GRJ. That is a guy plugged in the PBC and would know what is going on.
    I’m with you , LSC / GRJ is a cant Miss fight hope it happens next For both guys

Comment

He should do whatever is best for him and his career but I don't think the interest will be all that high for him nor do I think others will be willing to pay him as much as he makes right now fighting once a year

If the plan is to Move Up, Tank is the biggest fight to make at 130, also could still get Leo at 130. Money not the issue, he want the big Fights!

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        That’s your response after having everything you wrote be proven wrong. Geez

You prove nothing wrong, you came in here to back the promoter over the fighter, you put all the blame on the fighter and act like a typical loyalist. It’s a proven fact that PBC fighters are NOT activity enough and you have examples provided for you. Those examples was to make you not sh itting on the fighter alone. But like I said before it all “Hail Al Haymon” or nothing else with your type, another poster came in and acknowledge the fact that PBC activities is an issue but GRJ has issues as well. You went the full 100% of GRJ because he talked about leaving like a true trooper for PBC... Maybe he doesn’t want to leave, maybe he was just threatening to do that so he can get more fights. But you were full mode s hitting on him because it’s PBC.... Great boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          he didn’t likely make m+ plus lol. Again you are making up and indenting numbers. He may have made a hundred grand off the gate. Stop just making numbers up.

Lomachenko just makes 3.2 million for Crolla. I’m sure if they want to they can pay Russell over 2 mil a fight.

Pbc has 3 good fights for GRJ. LSC Mares and Tank. LSC and Mares have been good fights for 4 years lol and Haymon hasn’t made them.

GRJ is the one letting it be known he is ready to leave if he gets a good offer. What does that tell you? He’s obviously not happy.

This is his way of pushing back at Haymon saying make the LSC fight or Im gone.
          Dan Rafael put out the number that Russell Jr's pay package was for $1.4m plus a piece of the gate (plus whatever other revenues that Russell Jr gets a piece of, as the share of the gate would indicate). If you want to argue that Rafael is a **** reference, come out and say it.

Gary Russell Jr is the WBC 126lb champion; he beats Leo Santa Cruz and he's the WBC/WBA 126lb champion (rematch likely happens, but let's say it goes the same way). Russell Jr would then be the man at 126lbs with neither of the other champions positioned to draw anywhere near the money.

Being free to decide things as you wish is great, expecting anyone to give up their freedom, whether they've always had it or just got it, for anything short of a ridiculous offer makes you look silly

Comment

wilder made like 17 million for Breazeale. Haymon has to pay almost 10 million out of his own pocket to keep from DAZN and pay they purse. He lost a lot of money on that fight.
            And you're talking **** about made up numbers? lol gtfoh.

No source, no accreditation, no nothing from anywhere; you write as if you personally saw Wilder get one big cheque and head to the bank. Fool

Comment

wilder basically used espn and then DAZN to drive up and force Haymon to pay him more. That could be what happens here too.

I mean he says he wants the big fights but a Leo Santa Cruz fight coulda happened 3-4 years ago and still hasn’t. Or Mares. Or Frampton when he was pbc or Selby etc.
              did beyonce wilder really make more though he went through all that made all that noise yet his next fight wasn't even on ppv I never saw cbs/showtime offer wilder a huge contract. I bet lots of fighters are willing to leave al gaymon they just won't saying anything publicly right now because they don't want to get frozen out. I bet gaymon has something in the contract saying you can't say anything negative against him.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                did beyonce wilder really make more though he went through all that made all that noise yet his next fight wasn't even on ppv I never saw cbs/showtime offer wilder a huge contract. I bet lots of fighters are willing to leave al gaymon they just won't saying anything publicly right now because they don't want to get frozen out. I bet gaymon has something in the contract saying you can't say anything negative against him.
                Some would leave him if they are not getting the right amount of fights or the fights that they want, that's the business of boxing.

We have an example here where the boxer was already been shitted on here, why? Because he dare to speak out amount wanting to get more fights and the promoter involved is called Haymon/PBC.

is it his fault that he hasn't been active previously? Who knows but the mere fact that he wants more fights is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  You prove nothing wrong, you came in here to back the promoter over the fighter, you put all the blame on the fighter and act like a typical loyalist. It’s a proven fact that PBC fighters are NOT activity enough and you have examples provided for you. Those examples was to make you not sh itting on the fighter alone. But like I said before it all “Hail Al Haymon” or nothing else with your type, another poster came in and acknowledge the fact that PBC activities is an issue but GRJ has issues as well. You went the full 100% of GRJ because he talked about leaving like a true trooper for PBC... Maybe he doesn’t want to leave, maybe he was just threatening to do that so he can get more fights. But you were full mode s hitting on him because it’s PBC.... Great boxing fan.
                  Ray you’re legit pathetic

All I said from the start is that Gary should be thankful because there no one else I. The sport that would give him 7 figure paydays fighting once a year against no hopers and somehow this makes me a bad boxing fan

Why would I care if Gary leaves if he thought that’s what’s best for his career. Like I said I’m a fan so if he leaves and fights 3x a year I’m down as long as he steps up the comp level

I was a fan of Vanes before during and after he left Haymon

You just act like a broad from the start saying it’s PBC that’s only giving Gary 1 fight a year even though another poster proved what I had said that it’s his own choice. Then you cry and say All the Asides are as inactive as Gary I show a you list that roughly 10% are , kind of disproving your sh.it opinion

Everything you wrote in this thread is wack but as I’ve cone to expect that seems to be the norm for almost whatever you write
                  Last edited by R_Walken; 05-23-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Ray you’re legit pathetic

All I said from the start is that Gary should be thankful because there no one else I.

Why would I care if Gary leaves if he thought that’s what’s best for his career.
                    GRJ coming across as a bit of a ungrateful little f.ucker

There is no one else in the sport except Haymon that would put up Russell’s reluctance to fight more one once a year against almost exclusively against lower level fighters while still willing To give him good to great paydays and exposure.

Good luck if he can but what GRJ needs to do is fight Santa Cruz or anyone with a pulse at 126 instead of bumping his gums about getting better paydays he won’t get from anyone else
                    These are your quote, you called him a little fucker, am ungrateful fellow, his reluctance to fight more than once a year. Those are your words. How pathetic of you to accuse me of being pathetic for calling you out on it!

You took the side of Haymon right away. Questioned if anyone would pay GRJ etc you even asked him to fight Santa Cruz, even though that’s one of the reasons GRJ is giving here as why he wants to leave Haymon if he isn’t getting more fights.

You put the entire blame on him for not being active, even when PBC history has already shown that a lot of their boxers aren’t that active. I would leave you to your pathetic mentality of being a loyalist to PBC/Haymon.

I remember when Whyte was talking to Haymon/PBC, Arum/ESPN... The energy was different.

Comment

Working...
                    X