Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Erislandy Lara ever get his just due?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
    I find it crazy what happens with Cuban fighters. Lara and Rigondeaux are both great, great boxers and have never gotten the backing their skills deserve. Meanwhile, you have a decrepit, limited old slugger like Ortiz getting a ton of hype. Honestly I haven't watched Lara in a while, but there are times I did watch him, he is as good at Mayweather as boxing cute and winning rounds defensively. A great fighter and no he will never get his just due.
    Mayweathers never been dropped as much, or been as busted up as Lara.

There’s no comparison

Lara seems to give rounds away by inactivity

It cost him here, against canelo and hurd

The only robbery was the Paul Williams

And he Should’ve lost against the pedo Molina

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
      Mayweathers never been dropped as much, or been as busted up as Lara.

There’s no comparison

Lara seems to give rounds away by inactivity

It cost him here, against canelo and hurd

The only robbery was the Paul Williams

And he Should’ve lost against the pedo Molina
      I didn't say "he's as good as Mayweather." But he is a master boxer when he is really on form. There is no denying that. He has shown flashes of brilliance.

Comment

Judges hate this man

Comment

he got outlanded in 10 out of 12 rounds ffs and did nothing but 1/2 the entire fight. half the time without the 1.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
            Lara literally hasn't lost a fight yet in my eyes, its crazy. The closest he's ever come to losing was the Vanes fight. Now he's older, hes visibly lost a step or two, and still fighting at an elite level.

Man oh man, what a shame. He should be top 3 p4p atm.
            Oh definitely. Lara would be top 3 on everybody's p4p list if weren't for bad judging. Here's the question though, do you think it's simply bad judging or can there be a little corruption and ageism going on?

Hurd, Canelo and Castano are much younger than Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              he got outlanded in 10 out of 12 rounds ffs and did nothing but 1/2 the entire fight. half the time without the 1.
              Oh c'mon you don't really trust compubox numbers do you? You do know how they come up with those numbers, correct?

Comment

Definitely I thought he lost to Hurd but after that fight I had more respect for him and more desire to watch him fight again.

Last night was no robbery, I thought a draw was fair and the right decision, although a 7-5 win for Lara would have been my second choice.

Comment

I've been a Lara fan forever, but he's just got one of those styles that'll never be appreciated by the masses.

Plus as a Cuban in America he's a fighter without a fanbase except to hardcore individual boxing fans who do appreciate his style which aren't many mfers. So even with the strong nationalism in boxing that could give a guy like Lara a built in following if he was Mexican he's not got that going for him either to have some leverage.

Comment

the "defensive wiazar" got out thrown and out landed

castaño won this, they just save lara's ass for one or two more fights

Comment

Lara v Brook at 154. Make it happen! At least he'd get a big payday and a winnable fight that puts him back in to title contention.

Comment

Working...
                      X