Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Broner ever move to 140 while its still loaded?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
    Matthysse, Garcia, Khan, Rios, marquez, alvarado, guerrero and bradley could all fight at 140. Will Broner man up and move up, he easily has the size. Plus how would he fare against each of these fighters, what you think?
    Even if a lot of the 140 pound fighters move up to 147 before he gets there, he will eventually meet them at 147. If they are not around by then, than they were never good enough to beat him in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Yeah, like Berto. Bum, bum, bum, overwhelmed, bum, steroids, overwhelmed.

I know what you mean though.
      LOL...Berto was protected because he was garbage. Let's be real.

Remember when matchmaking you look at risk/reward. And the goal for a promoter is to build the biggest money fights possible. Broner isn't going to make any money for himself, Al Haymon and GBP if he continuously fights Gavin Rees caliber guys in Atlantic City.

Broner vs. guys like Garcia and Khan are big money fights so of course they will be made if they are on winning streaks and they cross paths. It's good business. Matthysse not so much unfortunately because he's a high risk fight with no money involved.

That's not the fan speaking that's just the brutal hard core truth. I would love to see Broner vs. Matthysse but realistically it will never happen.

Comment

No he has business to handle at 135 first.By time he moves up those guys will be fighting at 147

Comment

I think the reason people want to see him move up is quite obvious myself and a combination of a few things. Hes huge at the weight and there is nothing really at 135. People want to see the kid tested plain and simple.
          You can say Vasquez and that is fair enough but IMO its a fight we could live without. Look I respect Vasquez but the guy is one of the most boring boxers too ever live.

The same people who moan about others wanting him to move up are mainly the same people who moan about his competition and are the same people will likely accuse him of waiting for the 140lb division to die.

If he moves up soon, I will give him props even if he gets KTFO in his first fight at 140. I just think 135 is pathetically weak atm and there are a lot of fights I'd love to see him at 140. Only fight I'd personally want to see at 135 is actually if Guzman dropped down which I think he could & probably should.

Comment

The 140 division is loaded? Since when?

Comment

Broner only just joined 135 after his body told him to leave 130. why on Earth should he move up before his body tells him to? wait, i know why. it's because some internet haters want him to lose and think the guys at 140 are more capable of beating him than the guys at 135. oh well, tough *******, because 135 is his weight division until further notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                This is like the 10th thread asking about Broner and will he duck the guys at 140. **** makes no sense we don't even know what fighters will be there at 140 when he gets there. Hes a 23 yold light weight fighting in his right weight class.

Why would he duck anybody at 140? You can bet ur ass there won't be a line down the block to fight him especially if he gets stronger and keeps his speed and pop at 140.
                no way is he in his correct weight class he is way bigger than everyone.... and are you kidding me.... rios, matthysse and khan are 3 guys who i could see wanting broner forsure

Comment

Originally posted by montoya_91 View Post
                  Why are we asking if he is moving to his 3rd weight division?
                  He compares himself to Floyd, who did move up divisions.
                  He says he will do more than Floyd, which could be taking on his 3rd weight class while all the big names are there.
                  Do big things for his career.
                  So I don't see the hate in this question? It is a very good one.
                  real talk bro, the die hard broner fans (we need a name for them) are like the *****s they get so defensive and will back anything their fighter does regardless

Comment

i vote no. he will probably take 2 more fights at 135 after he beats rees. then move up. but by that time, khan garcia peterson and matthyssee will probably be at 147.

Comment

if broner is anything like mayweather, broner will probably do a vanishing act just like his idol

Comment

Working...
                      X