No announcement yet.

PACMAN vs BAM BAM: Sign Me Up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    The only meaningful, legacy enhancing fights left for Pac are either Floyd or Bradley 2.

The Floyd fight ain't happening.

And even the relevancy of a Bradley re-match is debatable - he already beat Tim, and the actual fight will be even less exciting than the first time because Tim now knows he can't engage with Pac.

So what do you have left? Devon, Paulie and Berto - who wouldn't engage with him either and stink it up before getting TKO'd or lasting the distance while the crowd spend most of the fight booing.

Now, the Lucas fight would be a barnburner, and actually thinking about it, very very credible. But won't happen because of the TR/GBP ******ation.

So is Rios really that bad an option? At least Brandon won't be intimidated by Pac and will look to engage. I like the sweet science as much as y'all but c'mon, do we really need another Manny fight where the opponent won't engage?

Floyd has the same problem in terms of opponents. Aside from Pac, Sergio and maybe someone like Lara, who are really credible opponents for him?

That's why I had no real beef with the Ortiz and Cotto fights.

Not every fight has to be or can be a legacy decider. The problem is the Fl00mos and *******s have made it all a big competition between each other, and will sh-t on the choice of opponent either picks because they can't take a step back and see that there's really not that much out there for either.

Mayweather n Marquez are the only ones left, the rest I agree with you except for the Matthyse fight. I ratter see him fight Ortiz

Comment

• Rios is wayyyyyyy too easy to hit clean. And by fighter far slower of hand and foot then Pacman. Only someone who hates Rios wants to see him ruined in a fight like this. Rios is B level on his best day. Maybe not even that good. Pacman massacres him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        The only meaningful, legacy enhancing fights left for Pac are either Floyd or Bradley 2.

The Floyd fight ain't happening.

And even the relevancy of a Bradley re-match is debatable - he already beat Tim, and the actual fight will be even less exciting than the first time because Tim now knows he can't engage with Pac.

So what do you have left? Devon, Paulie and Berto - who wouldn't engage with him either and stink it up before getting TKO'd or lasting the distance while the crowd spend most of the fight booing.

Now, the Lucas fight would be a barnburner, and actually thinking about it, very very credible. But won't happen because of the TR/GBP ******ation.

So is Rios really that bad an option? At least Brandon won't be intimidated by Pac and will look to engage. I like the sweet science as much as y'all but c'mon, do we really need another Manny fight where the opponent won't engage?

Floyd has the same problem in terms of opponents. Aside from Pac, Sergio and maybe someone like Lara, who are really credible opponents for him?

That's why I had no real beef with the Ortiz and Cotto fights.

Not every fight has to be or can be a legacy decider. The problem is the Fl00mos and *******s have made it all a big competition between each other, and will sh-t on the choice of opponent either picks because they can't take a step back and see that there's really not that much out there for either.
        Man toprank has to have a decent welterweight they can throw at pac since its impossible to fight outside of their stable.

Comment

• I don't have an issue with the fight from a style standpoint. But, there are simply other options available for both guys, it's unnecessary for them to fight one another atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            you're totally selling Rios short..this isn't PAC from a few years ago..it's the easiest exciting fight to make

one dude said Brook you said Alexander..that ain't worth the time or money
            I'm not selling Rios short, I'm simply seeing him for what he is. A come forward fighters who's idea of a defense is to block punches. He didn't impress me until late in his fight against Murray, Abril gave him a boxing lesson and he fought a competitive fight with Alvarado a guy who was in a competitive fight with Prescott.

If I'm to look at him as a fighter around fighters his level the above is not exactly bad. When you put him in the mix with fighters in the top 10 p4p it doesn't cut it. He needs to prove more to me at 140lb and/or 147lb before I can give him a chance without having to throw my sanity in the bin.

Comment

• I see where you're coming from with the fact Pacquaio has run out of options, he really has.

But, I've got to respectfully disagree on wanting to see Rios-Pacquaio.

Pacquaio will cut Rios' career on life support.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I see where you're coming from with the fact Pacquaio has run out of options, he really has.

But, I've got to respectfully disagree on wanting to see Rios-Pacquaio.

Pacquaio will cut Rios' career on life support.

a PAC without his vaunted killer instinct is just another fighter with fast hands that throws volume...it might not be as big of a mismatch as some might think it is

Comment

a PAC without his vaunted killer instinct is just another fighter with fast hands that throws volume...it might not be as big of a mismatch as some might think it is
                  Add Pac's deteriorating endurance/stamina/speed, and he seems to be ripe for the picking.

Comment

Pacquaio's not the same guy we once saw.

But this version of Pacquaio would kill Rios. He'd go out on his shield and it would be fireworks no doubt but I just think it will be an absolute miss match IMO.

It's true though there really isn't much out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Pacquaio's not the same guy we once saw.

But this version of Pacquaio would kill Rios. He'd go out on his shield and it would be fireworks no doubt but I just think it will be an absolute miss match IMO.

It's true though there really isn't much out there.
                      Mathysse should be in the equation here. Whether it's against Rios or against Pac; he needs to be in the discussion.

How can we not include the best JWW?

Comment

Working...
                      X