Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Alvarez beats Cotto, does he deserve to fight Floyd???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And whats with this "deserved" to fight Floyd shyt? The only thing Floyd requires is that you bring some bread to the table and Alvarez can. Hes a prize fighter.

If Alvarez beats Cotto which I think he will. No doubt Floyd will want that fight. Cotto is the second biggest draw in the sport as it is. Cotto-Alvarez on PPV would just make Alvarez bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertPullhoez
      I understand and I agree cause money talks and bull**** runs a marathon at the end of the day. As Snoop Pearson said "Deserve got nothing to do with it" so I feel where you coming from. Maybe deserve was the wrong word to use, but in my eyes the dude still gotta at least prove himself both as a legit threat and a quality opponent or at least a challenge. Canelo gets outclassed in the worst way at this point in his career. We would all just wind up paying 60 bucks for another 12 round whitewash
      I could see that side of it. Right now as things stand I think Floyd beats him up pretty good but I know Saul has a punchers chance and against an aging inactive Floyd that could make it interesting but yeah I fully expect Floyd to dominate him. I think it will look similar to the Cotto fight.

Alvarez is a bigger, stronger and faster version of the ODH that he fought in 2007.

Comment

Cotto is on the decline regardless, I think he struggled with Tout badly, may take ROBBERY at MSG to get past him and assure a fight with Canelo but I think either Trout or Canelo will defeat Cotto...I personally don't want to see that happen and I hope I am wrong but the man been in a lot of WARS over the years, that is going to catch up to him eventually

I think his resilient effort against Mayweather may have been his LAST...but...we shall see!

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          And whats with this "deserved" to fight Floyd shyt? The only thing Floyd requires is that you bring some bread to the table and Alvarez can. Hes a prize fighter.

If Alvarez beats Cotto which I think he will. No doubt Floyd will want that fight. Cotto is the second biggest draw in the sport as it is. Cotto-Alvarez on PPV would just make Alvarez bigger.
          Alvarez is also a slow, flat footed, come forward fighter with no defence.

Perfect.

Comment

All these list you dudes are bringing up are crap.

Floyd beating Cotto at 154 and having a fight YEARS ago at the weight doesn't make him the #1 guy.

Cotto beating Foreman (ranked 5+ att), Margarito(unranked), Mayorga(unranked), LOSS to Floyd does not make you #1

Canelo beating several non Jr Middle, Rhodes, Mosley, Cintron, and others does not make you #1

Like I said those divas are there cause of their popularity and not cause they've been putting in work.

Comment

He would be beating the last guy Floyd fought so of course he would deserve it. Who else would deserve it more except possibly Pacquiao or Martinez and those fights seem unlikely to happen.

Comment

Working...
              X