Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Trying to Embarrass British Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd Trying to Embarrass British Boxing?

That seems to be on the mind of some British fight fans right here.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....mayweather_jnr

Floyd pretty much already embarrassed British Boxing with his demolition of Ricky 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
      Floyd pretty much already embarrassed British Boxing with his demolition of Ricky 2 years ago.
      I agree that Ricky was outclassed. But what is Floyd trying to prove by asking Ricky's brother, who is less than a boxer Ricky is, to face him in a fight?

And will the British boxing circle approve of the Floyd-Matthew fight?

In the Philippines, patsies are banned by a government commission from taking part in high-profile fights against champions/elite fighters to prevent record-padding issues and to protect the health of boxers themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Killa_Kali View Post
        I agree that Ricky was outclassed. But what is Floyd trying to prove by asking Ricky's brother, who is less than a boxer Ricky is, to face him in a fight?

And will the British boxing circle approve of the Floyd-Matthew fight?

In the Philippines, patsies are banned by a government commission from taking part in high-profile fights against champions/elite fighters to prevent record-padding issues and to protect the health of boxers themselves.
        What, I always hear about mismatches in those Countries. Its a running joke. Anyways, no one is looking at it like a serious fight as you seem to be so I dont think they would get upset at all. All of them would be super privlaged to have Floyd fight in there Country. Thats what its about. Just like when they tuned in to see him train

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          What, I always hear about mismatches in those Countries. Its a running joke. Anyways, no one is looking at it like a serious fight as you seem to be so I dont think they would get upset at all. All of them would be super privlaged to have Floyd fight in there Country. Thats what its about. Just like when they tuned in to see him train
          The mismatches are happening in Thailand, not the Philippines. There has been a ban on Filipino fighters who have poor fight records, from signing up for overseas fights.

The Brits will be super-privileged to see Floyd school Matthew Hatton? Wow. Stop swinging from Floyd's nutsack, mang.

Comment

Working...
          X