Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has Martinez been so damn good at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has Martinez been so damn good at 160?

What is the difference between this Martinez and the one who was unknown at 154?why is he so dominate now?

Only difference is he sits on his punches more at 160, other than that no difference at all.

Comment

It's not like he was a bum at 154. He just never got the chances he gets now. Thank Paul Williams for not being scared of any damn one and fighting Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        It's not like he was a bum at 154. He just never got the chances he gets now. Thank Paul Williams for not being scared of any damn one and fighting Sergio.
        Well yea Williams was his pipeline to Pavlik in more ways then 1

Comment

Because now he has the opportunity to shine against bigger names infront of larger audiences, so more people are taking note. Boxing heads always knew Martinez was a threat, even at 154.

Comment

His fights against Richard Williams were some of my favorites, watch I and II,

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
              What is the difference between this Martinez and the one who was unknown at 154?why is he so dominate now?
              Martinez was turned down by the big-name promotors earlier in his career, which led to him being an "unknown" guy with exceptional skills. I first saw him fight in the Cintron matchup, and I saw immediately from his record (something like 44-2-2 at the time) that he was a talented fighter who just hadn't fought any marquee names up to that point.

He's always been a really good fighter, but hasn't been promoted as such until now. He's just now getting his 'big break,' if you will.

Comment

confidence can be the difference between a good fighter and great fighter.

Comment

Because he doesn't have to drain himself anymore. He will never go thru that grind of making 154 again unless it's a big money fight. If he could truly make it with no problems, he would be there because that's where the $ is at

Comment

hmm moving up in weight, looking better and beating bigger guys...sounds familiar.

Comment

Working...
                    X