Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Unique Boxing Move (Video of Peter Quilling Doing twice in same fight)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Unique Boxing Move (Video of Peter Quilling Doing twice in same fight)

So I was reading the boxing book "The Professional" by W.C Heinz who is probably the best boxing writer of all time.

And in the book he is talking about a fighter, and talks about a move in which a fighter widely misses with a right hand in purpose to land a left hook to the surprised fighter who is still thinking about the wide missed right hand.

Now I didn't pay much attention to it, until the other day I saw it down in a pro fight perfectly. Check out the video below of a Kid Chocolate's past fight in which he does it twice successfully.

First one is 6:50, the other one is at 7:12.

When done right, its a thing a beauty, check it out.

not very impressed

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
      So I was reading the boxing book "The Professional" by W.C Heinz who is probably the best boxing writer of all time.

And in the book he is talking about a fighter, and talks about a move in which a fighter widely misses with a right hand in purpose to land a left hook to the surprised fighter who is still thinking about the wide missed right hand.

Now I didn't pay much attention to it, until the other day I saw it down in a pro fight perfectly. Check out the video below of a Kid Chocolate's past fight in which he does it twice successfully.

Interesting stuff... Devastating lefts. I could see RJJr doing some **** like this. I wonder if he has...

Comment

If the opponent is defending properly that wouldn't work. If my opponent misses widely with a hook I do not follow the hook or the opponent with my eyes or attention, I keep my focus on the center mass of the opponent and I probably slipped anyway and pivoted away to re-position myself for a combination.

It's the same concept as in basketball, if you follow the ball or the players hands with your eyes you are going to get shook rather easily.

Comment

ehhh...sure it might work at that level. but i doubt it works against any quality level opponent.

Comment

Nice, gif anyone?

It would be more difficult to pull off against upper echelon fighters but someone can be set up for it. I could see a few brawlers pull this off.

Comment

good find , very interesting
              lmao at all these posters criticizing this move , never even laced up a pair

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                thats what I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post

Sweet find homie. Worth the twitter follow!

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    How would you know this? LOL are you the grand master wizard that can tell who actually boxes on this website by the way people type their comments? Because you put on a pair of boxing gloves you have special powers that senses other fellow boxers even through comments on a boxing forum? Can you sense a fellow boxer in me? My special powers might not have arrived yet. How many years do I have to spend boxing to have this special ability you have of telling when actual boxers are commenting on a website? Because all I sense is a fucking MORON.

Comment

Working...
                    X