No announcement yet.

Mayweather doesn't get the credit he deserves for the thorough schooling of JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No it wasn't stunning given the context. Hatton was undefeated when Floyd beat him. Tht KO from Floyd eneded Hatton as a top fighter.

ODH was at a full 154 and not 147 as he was when Manny fought him. His losing to Floyd ended his run as a top tier fighter.

Cotto was a full 154 when Floyd beat him, not 145 when Manny did. Manny's win was impressive, but we will never know how Cotto may have done without being hampered by the CW. A full Cotto without a CW gave Floyd a great fight.

If you were being fair you'd point all this out.

It is pathetic that you are begging for someone to post something nice about Manny because they posted something good about Floyd.
    I was waiting for you to chime in..And floyds wins over jmm and nel o were ideal and great wins weren't they?.Floyd didn't try and get advantages did he?
    Just accept reality that's Floyd wins over hatton, dlh aren't ageing well

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      I was waiting for you to chime in..And floyds wins over jmm and nel o were ideal and great wins weren't they?.Floyd didn't try and get advantages did he?
      Just accept reality that's Floyd wins over hatton, dlh aren't ageing well
      Wins are wins. If Manny had the same wins over Canelo and JMM as Floyd you'd praise them. You are denigrating them simply because it's Floyd. you will go out of your way to minimize every Floyd win because that is the only way you can make Manny better.

If Floyd's wins over Hatton and ODH aren't ageing well, how are Manny's given Floyd beat both first?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

If Floyd's wins over Hatton and ODH aren't ageing well, how are Manny's given Floyd beat both first?
        Lol, beat them first this is getting petty and childish now.
        Do you hear Pac fans go on about Pac beating jmm and cotto before floyd?
        As regards cotto people just thought cotto wouldn't ever be same again after Pac beat him, regardless who cotitro fought and at time nobody knew cotto would one-day fight floyd.
        Do I start Pac doesn't get credit he deserves for being only man without plaster to stop cotto threads to this very day? That Pac is only one to legitimately stop cotto. Prime nel o couldn't even do it. Neither could middleweight sergio
        Of course I don't as I'm not a fanboy.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 06-24-2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Boxing fans and casual in here should know that muscles mass takes time to create. It takes a year. Marquez can look 147 even if he came from light weight, but what he had that night was water retention not solid muscle weight to compete to a natural Welterweight such as Floyd that night.

Having close weight doesn't mean same muscles mass. In this case Marquez was filled with water retention not real welterweight Muscle mass. While Floyd had welterweight muscles mass.

To those who don't get it. Muscle mass grows slowly. That's what Marquez was lacking at that time. It was apparent when he was throwing his punches at Floyd it was bouncing off like as if Floyd was SUPERMAN lol

Floyd was solid filled up Welterweight. Marquez was a bloated lightweight in there. Marquez wasn't carrying real welterweight mass. It's only when he fought Pacquiao in the 4th try that he was a true welterweight. Took years to grow those bulky muscle mass. I repeat years. Muscles takes time to grow. Marquez at welterweight for the Floyd fight had a few months to bulk up in that fight. Hence, an obvious mismatch.

This was the true welterweight Marquez courtesy of Memo Heredia.

Check out the muscle mass and the delts, biceps etc.. If this was the version of Marquez that Floyd fought. Who knows who will win. Hulquez will surely have a shot.

On the left Marquez against Floyd on the right Marquez against Pac. Which is a true welterweight version?

Last edited by Spoon23; 06-24-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Lol, beat them first this is getting petty and childish now.
            Do you hear Pac fans go on about Pac beating jmm and cotto before floyd?
            As regards cotto people just thought cotto wouldn't ever be same again after Pac beat him, regardless who cotitro fought and at time nobody knew cotto would one-day fight floyd.
            Do I start Pac doesn't get credit he deserves for being only man without plaster to stop cotto threads to this very day? That Pac is only one to legitimately stop cotto. Prime nel o couldn't even do it. Neither could middleweight sergio
            Of course I don't as I'm not a fanboy.
            You aced Dunn again. The guy keeps on losing.

Comment

Working...
            X