No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather Have Any Weaknesses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather Have Any Weaknesses

Every fight I watch I always think how would Floyd have handled this, and there's really no weaknesses I can think of that an opponent can exploit. Was he perfect? I'm no FM fanboy, but I believe he was as complete and perfect a boxer we'll ever see.

Brittle hands.

Comment

Brittle hands. Below average power above 147. Those two things are related.

Elite hand speed
      Elite defense
      Elite head movement
      Elite foot work
      Elite accuracy
      Elite counter puncher
      Elite jaw
      Elite intelligence in the ring
      Elite straight right

Great jab
      Great body work
      Great upper cuts and hooks
      Great toughness

He was a great fighter. Easily the best of the last 25 years.

Comment

Not really. It's not like you can even say his lack of knockout power as he moved up was a weakness because nobody was able to walk through him.

I guess the only issue i really had with him in the ring was that he never stepped on the gas more even when he was in complete control, he never considered turning the screw and looking for the stoppage enough. I wouldn't call that a weakness though in terms of skills and even that was only really in the later parts of his career.

Comment

First thing that comes to my mind when weakness is mentioned is tryi ng to get things in his favoiur all time and not taking real legacy fights to proitect zero.
          Never took fight unless he thought he could win. Too methodical and calculated.
          Why noit fight someone yoiu didn't think you could beat? Floyd might have suprised himself and beat GGG.
          Towards the end he didn't think he could beat brook, Spence, Thurman and khan. .
          Last edited by hugh grant; 09-19-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Brittle hands is the only thing, if he had Sugar ray robinson power he would've knocked out about everyone and be accepted universally as the best boxer ever

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              First thing that comes to my mind when weakness is mentioned is tryi ng to get things in his favoiur all time and not taking real legacy fights to proitect zero.
              Never took fight unless he thought he could win. Too methodical and calculated.
              Why noit fight someone yoiu didn't think you could beat? Floyd might have suprised himself and beat GGG.
              Towards the end he didn't think he could beat brook, Spence, Thurman and khan. .
              Khan brook and Thurman? Lol man bye

Comment

I was a fan early in his career. Until he disrespected the greats before him. Than he became boring and a huge cherrypicker.

Comment

Floyd has issues fighting guys longer than him who have good timing. Conor did well early mostly because hes taller and longer than Floyd.

For his whole career he only fought 3-4 guys with longer reach than him. If he would have fought guys like Forrest, Williams, Martinez then he would have had real issues.

Comment

I was never a fan. But his talent and skill was undeniable . If he had any weaknesses he hid them very well

Comment

Working...
                    X