No announcement yet.

Rare video: Masakatsu Funaki vs Roberto Duran - MMA vs Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare video: Masakatsu Funaki vs Roberto Duran - MMA vs Boxing

Say what you want about him but Roberto Duran is cut from a warrior cloth man grew up on the streets, Duran went into MMA (Shootfighting/Pancrase) against Funaki and fought him under his rules.

Duran, James Toney, Ray Mercer, Mayorga, Shannon Briggs, these dudes are straight up fighters they fought in MMA with only boxing training.

Duran did pretty good against a Pancrase fighter basically MMA guy at the time and this was an overweight past prime Duran, Duran has balls man

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Say what you want about him but Roberto Duran is cut from a warrior cloth man grew up on the streets, Duran went into MMA (Shootfighting/Pancrase) against Funaki and fought him under his rules.

Duran, James Toney, Ray Mercer, Mayorga, Shannon Briggs, these dudes are straight up fighters they fought in MMA with only boxing training.

Duran did pretty good against a Pancrase fighter basically MMA guy at the time and this was an overweight past prime Duran, Duran has balls man
    That MMA wrestler has better head movement than most boxers but a young quick Duran beats his ass

Comment

There was truly only ever one baddest man on the planet and that was Roberto Duran.

Comment

a Duran in shape would have decapitated that dude.

Comment

All those guys did it because they needed money, not because they're warriors.

Herschel Walker did it to challenge himself, not because he needed money

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            All those guys did it because they needed money, not because they're warriors.

Herschel Walker did it to challenge himself, not because he needed money

Hey herschel is my dude he is a freak i heard he only eats one soup meal a day and got multiple persona disorder he even wanted to fight tyson in his prime not sure if you old enough to remember that lol, herschel got paid well for that fight he made more than Duran did for funaki, but it still takes balls to fight offensively and to play football, rugby, those contact sports are scary hard on your body and brain.

I remember sparring and getting my bell rung that **** wasnt for me man. These fighters are a different breed there are other ways to make money than getting your head bashed in.

Comment

Hey herschel is my dude he is a freak i heard he only eats one soup meal a day and got multiple persona disorder he even wanted to fight tyson in his prime not sure if you old enough to remember that lol, herschel got paid well for that fight he made more than Duran did for funaki, but it still takes balls to fight offensively and to play football, rugby, those contact sports are scary hard on your body and brain.

I remember sparring and getting my bell rung that **** wasnt for me man. These fighters are a different breed there are other ways to make money than getting your head bashed in.
              Have you ever saw this?

Comment

Working...
              X