Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonny Liston vs. Mike Tyson?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like them both, but prime Liston beats prime Tyson more than likely. Liston had an incredible chin and jab. Liston had reach and height advantages. The Liston-Ali fights always hurt Liston (even if he didn't throw them, how old was he 33, 35 or 38? no one knows for sure) Liston was who George Foreman modeled himself after. Liston wins by late round knockout, as there is no way this fight goes to the decision.

Comment

I was talking more about weight, but alright. I'll accept the cheap shots on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        ....this almost as bad as when I said Tyson and Frazier had similars styles.

jk this is worse
        I guess I used bad word choice and was talking more about height and being agressive fighters, my bad. But go ahead take the shots you want, you still said Rigondeaux is a bum and that Morales is greater than Mayweather.

Comment

I got Tyson by KO. Better handspeed, head movement, combinations and one punch power.

Comment

I was thinking more about them both being very agressive fighters and what not. My bad. Liston set up most of his stuff off the jab, where Tyson had his guard up a lot more when he came in.

Still a great fight. Tyson by TKO in 5.

Comment

Liston by decision, possible stoppage if he does enough damage early.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Liston by decision, possible stoppage if he does enough damage early.
                Tyson had a very good chin but I don't think he could take Liston's punches for 12 Rounds. Definitely not 15 Rounds.

Liston will hit Tyson, a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X